Friday, 26 August 2011

Climb every mountain



I decided to make my newphew a birthday card using the Darkroom Door stamp set Wilderness Vol. 1.  It's got this great quote from The Sound of Music.  I stamped the main image in Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip onto Kraft cardstock.  The sentiment was stamped using the same ink but I added the row of trees stamped in SU Cake Crumb.  I also stamped the trees onto the card blank to make a background.  The main image is matted and layered onto 2 different brown cardstocks, with the top edge torn.  I just matted the sentiment onto the darker cardstock and ran a strip of the lighter brown through my Cuttlebug using the Forest Branch folder, adding a bit of ribbon.  I have a small confession - that little canoist is not actually a canoist, but a bit of fibre that got stuck to my stamp, lol.


4 comments:

cockney blonde said...

Wonderful landscape card and I love the canoist, lol, x

lynne said...

Are you sure it isn't someone on a canoe?!
Anyway whether it is or isn't this is a beautiful card.
Wish I could make male cards such as this.
Wishes
Lynne

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely, Jack, but probably one of those that photos just don't do justice to. Bet it's far, far nicer in real life. Love the fibre canoist bit, too - bit of serendipity there, lol x

melsanford said...

Oh this is just gorgeous! love the image :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx