Monday, 25 July 2011

Patience Rewarded




It has taken me days and days to make this card and my patience was certainly tried at times, lol.  It is a pattern by Josephine Davidson that appeared in an old Parchment Magazine (Feb 08). I've done parts of it before but this is the first time I've completed the whole pattern.  It was not easy!!!  To start with the pattern says fix your parchment to the small grid and follow the hole pattern first.  Then without taking the pattern off the grid, turn it all over and do the embossing.  Good plan except you can't see your pencil tracing when you turn the grid over - so I unstuck the pattern, turned the grid over and did it that way.  Unfortunately I had a bit of trouble so I've decided that it's not errors, it's a deliberate attempt to randomise the embossing pattern (tee hee).

9 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Wow, Jack! You certainly must be patient. It's a long time since I did any parchment craft but I never did get that far cos it was way too fiddly for me and I'd make a mistake 3/4 of the way through, which was a no-no for me! I'm seriously impressed and hope you're patting yourself on the back :-)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Jack so thrilled to see another parchment craft card from you. Ever since I saw that fantastic elephant from you I have been peeping into your blog hoping to see more parchment. I know it is so time consuming and such a delicate art but you have created a stunning work of art! Do frame it!

Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

lynne said...

You can tell this required lots of patience but well worth all the effort.
Wishes
Lynne

Carole of Brum said...

There's no way I'd have the patience or skill to do this! Wow Jack, it's beautiful, the kind of thing you'd frame. Your patience certainly paid off, you should be well pleased with yourself. CoB

Mags said...

Jack, this is astonishing! When I saw the photo I thought it was embroidery, the details are lovely! All that hard work has produced a simply exquisite piece! Brill!!

luv, Mags x

Lin said...

OMG this is just STUNNING! So how do you decide if anyone is worthy of receiving such a gorgeous creation, or do you do what I would, keep it for yourself!

Lin xx

Lynne in NI said...

W-O-W!!!!!

Carrie's Corner said...

Agree with the others, this is stunning! It just instantly captured my attention and it's not difficult to tell how much effort went into this beauty! Frame it and enjoy it every day!

Hugs
Carrie

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, wow! You ARE patient! I really admire anyone with the patience to do pergamano stuff. Love it.