Monday, 25 July 2011

Dream Valley Challenge 12 - Surprise

This week at the Dream Valley Challenge blog we want you to create something with a surprise element.  This can be a pop-up card, a hidden part or even lift up flaps.  Let's see what you can come up with.  We are sponsored this week by Digi's With Attitude who are offering a $10 Canadian dollar voucher for their on-line store.

I have made a Slider card.  I found the instructions in the project section of the DoCrafts site.  I have used papers from the Paper Mania Black and White colossal pad and the main image is, of course, a Digi With Attitude called Goth Tween. I've added a bit of black using a whispers pen and also some bling with a Sakura Stardust pen.  The sentiments are from Tim Holtz and an unnamed stamp.  The flowers are mainly from my stash with extra centres punched with a Woodware punch and then little silver flower shaped brads to bold them together.  All that was then needed was a bit of ribbon and, of course, a little skull hanging from silver thread.

6 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely idea, Jack and I love the way you've put the papers and images together.

lynne said...

Great idea Jack with so much work involved.
Lynne x

Carole of Brum said...

Hiya Jack, your Goth Tween looks great in black and white, and the slider card is clever. Love that skull! CoB

Lin said...

Gorgeous design, love how you have coloured the image, and I like the slider idea. Another one I shall have to try out.

Lin xx

Lynne in NI said...

Oh she looks fabulous in your B&W colours, and perfect little skull embellie too!

Carrie's Corner said...

Wonderful card! I love the B/W and can tell you my teenage daughter saw this in passing and loved it too!

Hugs
Carrie