Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 50 - Flutterbies!

This week at Crafty Cardmakers we are challenging you to add BUTTERFLIES somewhere on your creation.  We are sponsored this week by the fabulous Stamp Man who are offering a £10 voucher to one lucky winner.  Our team have come up with some wonderful creations, go check them out. 

For my card I got out my Sweet Pea Stamp - Dance with Butterflies.  I coloured the image with a mixture of Starburst Stains (Frosted Forgetmenot, Icy Primrose Gold and Winter Jasmine Gold), Whispers Pens (watercolour method) and Sakura Stardust pens so she actually has lots of sparkle but I'm afraid it doesn't show up in the photo.  The background papers are from K&Co Tim Coffee pads (Daisy and Daffodil).  I cut and embossed the butterflies in 2 layers using sparkly card and vellum with my Cuttlebug Butterflies folder, added a sentiment from Hero Arts Anytime Messages and then to finish off a bit of gold twine with a little gold butterfly. 

6 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely, Jack. I hate yellow cos whatever I do with it, it looks wrong, although I often use it over all my other colours to unify them - but you've done such a lovely, summery job of this. The gold twine and charm is the perfect way to finish it off x

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Jack, so fresh and pretty! Gorgeous image and papers :o) Lisa x

Terry said...

So stunning, Jack! I love the yellows and of course the butterflies!

Michele said...

a beautiful card Jack! love what you did with your sweet pea stamp and the coloring. looks like a fun challenge too. xo

Eiglas said...

Beautiful card Jack. So delicate and springlike. I love those Tim Coffee papers and have them - untouched of course - in a box in my studio. I take them out and stroke them now and again...! LOL!
Hugs
Ei
x

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhhh what a pretty card! Love your yellow theme and your embossed butterflies are fab!