Saturday, 4 June 2011

What's Growing Friday - Roses

 










Over at Trish's blog it's time for What's Growing Friday again.  In my garden this week my old-fashioned rose at the front of the house is collapsing under the weight of all the flowers.  I don't think this is supposed to be a climbing rose but what I do know is that I'm going to have to get DH to built some sort of support for it.  It's by the front window and smells absolutely glorious!  Using this as inspiration I made a roses themed card.

I used my new (well from ebay) Stampin' Up Roses in Winter set.  First I stamped the three-step roses onto pale pink card.  I used Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose and Melon Mambo for the pink roses and then So Saffron, More Mustard and Pumpkin Pie for the yellow roses.  Then I sponged round the edges with Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose, matted this onto some lovely bright pink card and attached it to my card base.  The single rose is stamped in the pinks with the addition of the leaves stamps (in Certainly Celery).  I cut the single rose with my circle Nesties and matted it onto some pink card (scalloped nestie) and then a pretty little doily from Poppy's Cabin that I also sponged with Pretty in Pink.  Poking out from behind this are two flourishes cut with my Sizzix Decorative Flourishes die.  The lovely sentiment is from the same Roses set, again sponged around the edges and I've matted it onto green card.
I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Incy Wincy - Nature
House of Gilli - Flowers
Peachy Keen Stamps - Sketch with a twist (sponging)
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Flower power
Divas by Design - Florals
Cards and Scrap - Flowers
Cupcake Craftroom - Flowers and leaves
Daring Cardmakers - Roses and Honeysuckle
Colour Throwdown - Colour challenge (Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery)

14 comments:

trisha too said...

Jack, your roses are really gorgeous--seriously, I'm a little bit jealous of all the gorgeous roses NOT growing in my yard right now . . .

And your card is lovely--great watercolor look to it.

:)

Anne Bente said...

many thanks for your beautiful contribution.
100000 thank for participating in the card and scraps challenge

hugs

Nikbee said...

A beautiful card. I love the roses. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy.

Nikki F x

Anita said...

A beautiful card and your rosebush is gorgeous too! Thanks for joining in the Divas by Design challenge.

Leo said...

Lovely colour combination!
Thank you for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers! xx Leo

Keilly said...

Very pretty card, I love the rose stamp. Thanks for sharing with us at The Daring Cardmakers this week!

purple_pea_fran said...

Fab colours you've used here. Thanks for joining in the June Flowers challenge at The Daring Cardmakers this week.

Kathy said...

Gorgeous "real" roses and a lovely roe card too. Thank you for joining in with us at The Daring Cardmakers "Roses and Honeysuckle" challenge this week

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

What a beautiful card, that rose stamp is so effective! Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

Broni said...

What a gorgeous rose card! I've always loved that set!! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

bettand said...

This was beautiful and so is your own flowers too:) Thanks for playing at Card and scrap this week. Bettina

Janice W. said...

The background paper you stamped is gorgeous! I thought it was designer paper that you purchased. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining the PK challenge! Good luck!

Linda said...

Your rose bush is just breath taking!!
Very beautiful card....great job with the stamping!!
Thank you for joining us a Creatalicious for our flourish challenge.

MrsK said...

Such a sweet card and i love the flower is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Flowers and Leaves Challenge at Cupcake Craftroom! Hope to see you again soon! Hugz Sal x