Saturday, 18 June 2011

Quick and simple

 

 











I always need birthday cards or notelets so decided to have a play with my new stampset (Stampin Up Oh So Lovely bought second-hand) and see what I could come up with.  I seem to be leaning heavily towards Clean and Simple cards at the moment so just went with the flow, lol.  I used mainly Stampin Up Inks to ink my stamps with the paler colour for the bg stamp behind the image.  The colours I used were Bashful Blue and Not Quite Navy, Pretty in Pink and Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery and Always Artichoke.  The red flower was inked up with Whispers pens.  I added colour to the flowers using the Whispers pens too.  The images were matted onto co-ordinating card and I searched through my scraps folder and found some lovely papers to put on the cards, stamping the fabulous Prima Nouveau swirl on the side in the paler colour ink.  Now all I need to do is add the appropriate sentiment - or not!
I'd like to enter my cards in StampInsanity's Keeping It Clean and Simple Challenge

6 comments:

Doreen said...

These are just gorgeous,fabulous design.xxx

Shar said...

Sweet cards! I love that set!

Lisa M said...

These are gorgeous!!! Very inspiring for me and I thank you for sharing them. :)

Melly said...

Wow!
Fantastic creations petal! They all look fab!Bluey/kraft is my fav!
Hugs Melly xxx

lynne said...

These will be the stamps you told me you bought .... great purchase and so you.
Beautiful cards, all of them.
Wishes
Lynne

melsanford said...

Beautiful cards! Love the images :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx