Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight - Sentimental

At Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight this week we are challenging you to get sentimental. What we'd like is you to use a Sentiment as the focus on your item.
My card uses a sentiment by Tim Holtz (Stampers Anonymous Good Thoughts) as the main focus. I love this sentiment as it kinda reminds me of a fav. old song - Singing in the Rain, lol.   I stamped it on white card with Versafine Onyx Black, cut it out with Nestabilities Labels Four and then used Stampin' Up Pacific Point to sponge round the edges.  I matted it onto a piece of grey card cut with the same Nesties.  For the background I stamped the umbrellas (from PaperMania Stamping Chic Party set - odd combination of stamps I know but it works) in StazOn Azure onto blue vellum, attached this to some grey card with brads and attached the lot onto my card base.
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Colour Create - Blue, Grey and White
Moving Along with the Times - Inspired by a song (Singing in the Rain)
Creative Craft Challenges - Make Your Own Backing Papers


16 comments:

jackid said...

Jack this is beautiful love it love the sentiment
Jacki xx

DesignerDiva said...

Gorgeous card Jack that is a brilliant sentiment and the perfect song choice to go with it!
Thank you for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week for our sing song and good luck with the challenge

Hugs Laurie x

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Jack, love the sentiment you've used :o) Lisa x

Doreen said...

This icard is gorgeous,love the sentiment,so true.xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A fabulous sentiment and a great song choice. Love the umbrella paper too.

Thank yo so much for joining in the fun at mAWTT this week - hope to see you again. Sylvia x

Pami said...

Gorgeous card Jack, with a lovely sentiment. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

melsanford said...

Fab card! Love the umbrellas and the sentiment :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

gillyflower said...

love sir tims sentiments and love your card too
gill xx

Jennie said...

This is so cute Jack! Love the umbrella print in the background too!
That sentiment is so very true! xx

Eiglas said...

Love the colours and stamping on this card as well as the fab sentiment.
Jack's usual qulaity make!
Hugs
Ei
x

Kerry Steger said...

I love the way your sentiment is the focal point of your card. Thanks for playing along with Colour Create this week!!

dragonllew said...

Great card love that sentiment thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge.
Jenny x

Melly said...

Gorjuss honey!
I adore cards with just sentiments and this is fab! The colours are just perfect together!
hugs M xxx

Julye said...

Fab backing papers, and love your card too thanks for sharing with us at CCC and thanks for being so understanding about blogger and linky.

Lin said...

Fabulously uplifting sentiment!!!

I am in need of dance lessons myself at the moment and this has really cheered me up.

Lin xx

cindy said...

I love the sentiment with the umbrellas. Very cool card.