Tuesday, 17 May 2011

You bug me!


 

 










This card is for my brother - it's not his birthday but I just thought I'd make him a card as he's been through a bit lately.  I used paper from PaperMania Secret Garden.   The flower stamps are from Hot off the Press (Botanical Blooms) stamped onto pale green card matted onto darker green card.  I made the sentiment on my computer (and I used word art to make it shaped - YAY go me, lol)  and printed and matted it onto the same colour card.  The bugs are from a great set by Lovin' Ink called Compo's Matchbox.  I stamped each one onto green card twice and embossed one set.  Then I coloured the embossed set with H2Os and a red Sakura gel pen.  I cut out the bodies and stuck them on top of the 2nd image, then cut round each insect very carefully so as not to cut off any legs or antennae and placed them on my card.  For the bookmark I used paper from the same set, stamped the bugs directly on top and then added the embossed and coloured bodies.
I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
Cards for Men - For someone special (my brother is special and he's been through a bit lately!)
Cupcake Craft - In the garden
Woodware USA - Sketch
2 Sisters - How Does Your Garden Grow?
Daring Cardmakers - The Darling Bugs of May


27 comments:

stampdiva said...

Where did this spring up from?!!!! I've visited already today LOL
How lovely, it's not his birthday yet you made him a card.
Lynne x

Lythan said...

I think this is the most unusual set of bugs yet. Thanks for joining in with the Darlin' Bugs of May challenge on Daring Cardmakers this week:)

jackid said...

eeekkkkkk don't like bugs nasty little things but what a great card it's fab loving the colours even on the creepies lol I am sure your brother will love it
Jacki xx

Willy said...

Wonderful card and bookmark and great stamps!

fairysparkle said...

Very interesting ,effective card and i hate things that creep .Love the colours .

Amy Tidd said...

I love it!!! This card is fab!! Love the sentiment too!! Perfect for any brother I'm sure!!! Amyxx

http://www.craftythinker.blogspot.com

Clarky J said...

Fab project for the compos matchbox stamps x Thanks for sharing x janet

Michelle said...

Hi Jack
How wonderful to see my stamps being used, especially to make something for someone special! I LOVE your card, a lovely way of using the stamps. Could we pinch a picture to put on our blog? Another way of making the bugs look realistic is to stamp onto acetate with stazon and cut out the whole bug then stamp onto card and cut out the body. Stick the body on the acetate bug and they look really realistic!! (you'll have even more eeekkkks then)
x Michelle

Sharon said...

Great card and I love the little bugs on it!

Mags said...

I bet your brother will love this!! The bugs look really lifelike!

luv, Mags x

trisha too said...

What a fun card---he's going to love it!

:)

Faye said...

Oh how gorgeous! Love your in the garden element. Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week. x

thestampingbug said...

Great eeek card. And I DO love those bugs...especially the big beetle on the right! Thanks for playing in the WoodwareUSA sketch challenge this week. Good luck!

Kerry WWDT

Gail said...

Great to see your different bugs! Love the stamped flowers too.

Liza said...

A great bug themed card. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

Liza x

melsanford said...

Love those creepy crawlies! Fab card for any sister to give to her brother :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Lynda said...

Oh my goodness this is just fantastic - love all the different bugs. I'm sure your brother will be thrilled to receive it and it's sure to cheer him up. Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is amazing! Those glossy bugs look fantastic!

Lucy x

Neet said...

I've seen reference to Compo before and now I have seen your bugs it makes me want to buy.
Hugs, Neet x

glitterangel said...

Love the fact you've chosen realistic bugs, (even if they give me the creeps a bit lol), it's a great idea for a boys card.

Delphine said...

Fantastic card, Jack, and the bugs look so real! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Terry said...

Oh just loving those bugs! What a great card and I know your brother will just love this!

Michele said...

the bug are awesome! brother is lucky indeed! xo

Rein said...

What a great card!
thanks for joining in with daring card makers.

Gerri Herbst said...

So cute..I kinda like bugs too, my friends always laugh at me. This is a great piece!

Tussemaja said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men - Tussemaja

Alexa said...

Great stamps and great card ... just hope the stamps don't start to bug you!!