Sunday, 22 May 2011

Wonderful Birthday


I'm off to Wales again in the morning to see DD so instead of doing my packing I decided to make a birthday card, lol!  The papers are from my lovely new stash from Basic Gray (hello lucious pad) and are actually a bit brighter irl (bad photographer again).  I stamped the little girl from Art Journey (stamp free with an issue of Craft Stamper ages ago) and added colour with felt pens.  I then made her a frame using teal card and more Basic Gray paper cutting it with my circle Nestabilities. I used foam squares to raise the frame off of the image.  At the side I added more teal card that I ran through my Cuttlebug using Tim Holtz Alternations Texture Fades folder - Retro Circles and then added a strip of the hello lucious paper on top of that.  Finally I stamped my sentiment (Hobby Art General Greetings) and matted it onto patterned paper, raising it with more foam squares.
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Our Creative Corner - Frame it (frame should be 3D raised)
Divas by Design - One for the girls
Claudia and Company - Birthday card for a girl
Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central - Birthday (Nesties and Tim Holtz Folders available from SSCC)

23 comments:

lynne said...

You've used this stamp so beautifully.
Wishes
Lynne

Mags said...

I love all that texture! Very nice card! Have a good time in Wales, and I hope the sun shines for you!

luv, Mags x

Lottie said...

Your cards are absolutely awesome - wish I could find my mojo - would love to get it back and play again

trisha too said...

That is a beautiful card--way more important than packing!!!

;)

Have a wonderful trip!

Sharon said...

Wow love this card and all the different layers - it looks great!

Jill said...

Really lovely card - think I have got that stamp in my stash! Thanks for joining in at Ellephantastic. Jill

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Wow what a gorgeous card, Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic
Hugs
Tamara

Judie aka Craftymess said...

This is lush Jack well done hun, love this xx

Paula said...

wonderful card Jack!

Lacey Stephens said...

Fabulous card! Great take on the Circles Challenge. Thanks for playing along with the Wags 'n Whiskers Challenge Challenge.
PS The Princess Digital Stamps are now available.
~Lacey
www.stampandcrate.com
Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber Stamps

HandmadebyTLC said...

These patterns and colors are fabulous! Thank you for joining us a Diva's by Design and be sure to join in again! Good Luck
HUGS
Tammy Louise

Dawn said...

Lovely card, thanks for playing with us at Divas

froebelsternchen Susi said...

AWESOME!

Lottie said...

Thanks for recommending the blog Jack - I'll have a look next week. We have workmen in at the moment - our little bungalow is crowded with 4 beefy workmen - they'll be gone at the weekend though.

Have a lovely bank holiday weekend

Shar said...

Gorgeous! Beautifully done!

Willy said...

Wonderful birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Art Journey Challenge # 9.

melsanford said...

Gorgeous colours! Love the embossing :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Dawn♥ said...

Wow amazing card using circles. Fantastic job and thank you for joining Wags 'n Whiskers. Dawn♥

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card! Love the papers and how you've matted the image!
Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Thistleblue said...

Beautiful card, i love the papers and colours used. Thanks for joining us for the Ellephantastic challenge this month
hugs
Michelle
Elle DT
x

Melly said...

Love this!
These colours are fab and I just love it! So gorjuss!
Hugs M xxx

Lisa said...

Fabby card, love the colour scheme and those papers are gorgeous xxx

Sharon said...

Your card has that fresh and inspiring look! thank you for playing along with us @ OCC. I hope that we see more of your artsy work soon.