Thursday, 12 May 2011

Lace and Ruffles


I'm having trouble photographing my photo images.  Wish I knew how to get the image without those funny lines on!  Anyway, I have used the beautiful Serena from The Stampsmith for a card for my Mother-in-Law and stamped her in Stampin' Up Soft Suede.   She is matted onto a circle cut with a Nestability Eyelet Circle, and I've used the same die for the circle on the base.  The bg paper is from K&Co Life's Journey pad and I've added some faux stitching and a little sentiment on the top (a freebie stamp from Crafty Individuals). I sewed some lace to a piece of ribbon and then ruffled it by sticking double-sided tape to my card and folding the ribbon on top.   The little doily behind the image is from Poppy's Cabin, the pearls from my stash and the flowers from Wild Orchid.
I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge - Christine's sketch
The Stampsmith - Celebrating Mothers
Bearly Mine - Vintage Easel
Creative Craft Challenges - Vintage/Distress
Bunny Zoe - Lace
Design Dollies - Time to Fold it Together
Kaboodle Doodles - Lots of Layers
Shabby Tearooms - Ruffled Up
Crazy for Challenges - Lots of flowers

14 comments:

Beverly Gotthardt said...

Very pretty, all your elements came together for a very pleasing design.

stampdiva said...

What a lucky, lucky woman she is to be receiving this card.
Are you photographing in too bright an area or what about trying a different angle.
Wishes
Lynne

Janet said...

Beautiful card the image and colours are lovely

Janet x

**Farrah** said...

Wow, this is vintage done perfectly!
Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
Farrah

melsanford said...

Oh wow! The image is gorgeous! Love the ruffles :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine ……..

Hugs Judith

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Oh, Jack! You've done it again!! What a brilliant project! I love all of the details you've added. I always have such a hard time making the frilly details work - but you do it perfectly!
Val :)

Scrapamum said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for playing along with the Design Dollies.

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the vintage feel it has! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa

wendipooh13 said...

lovin the vintage feel going on here!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with the Dollies!!!!

crafty amy said...

Wow this is gorgeous and I can see the image :D
You have really got the vintage feel.
Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Lucy x

mamapez5 said...

Lovely vintage feel. I have this stamp and have never managed to use it, but you have done so beautifully.
Kate x

tiggertastic said...

love the vintage, shabby chic style and texture you have created, amazing with so much too look at too

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K