Sunday, 1 May 2011

Dream Valley Challenge 6 - Flowers

Over at Dream Valley this fortnight the theme is flowers.  How easy is that!  It can by any sort of project so long as it's got flowers on it.  Our fab sponsor this time is One Stop Card Crafts who are offering one lucky winner a £10 voucher for their store.
I went with a card for this week and here it is.
 








I started with a Trellis card blank from PaperMania.  I put some fab printed vellum behind the window (sorry no maker on the packet!).  Then I made some cute little daisies.  For each flower I punched out 2 flowers with my Woodware Daisy punch and edged the petals with Stampin' Up Pretty In Pink (honest it edged!) then added a punched circle of Doodlebug Crushed Velvet in Bumblebee (I used an ordinary filing punch).  Then I got out my new 2-step bird punch from SU and added the leaves and the pretty bird, and finally a ribbon.
I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
The Crafty Calendar Challenges - April Showers Bring Forth May Flowers
Fairy Fun Fridays - April Showers Bring Forth May Flowers
Fussy and Fancy - Springtime
Charisma Cardz Challenges - April showers/May flowers
Craft Us Crazy - Mom and/or flowers

13 comments:

Melly said...

What can I say!
This is just stunning! Such a fab idea and gorjuss colours! Fab!!
Hugs Melly xxx

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh, this is so pretty Jack!
(and congrats on your win over at Stamping Vacation - enjoy your shopping spree!)

Fiona said...

Jack I love this window effect..it's fab!!

Fi
x

Carole of Brum said...

Wow Jack, yours is a fantastic idea, it's a lovely little scene too. The bird just finishes it off perfectly. Didnt even know you could get trellis card blanks, the things they make for us to play with!! lol CoB

Mags said...

Jack, this is lovely, so fresh and springlike!

luv, Mags x

lynne said...

What a lovely card. Love the window design!

Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy for our mum/flowers challenge!

Hugs
Lynne x

Jennie said...

Gorgeous Jack! Love those daisies :) xxx

Christel said...

Love the window! You´ve made a fab card for someone lucky!
Thanks for joining Charisma cardz this week!
Christel

Lin said...

I can almost smell your little daisies trailing up the edge of your window. Perfect.

Lin xx

melsanford said...

Gorgeous card! Love the window and those beautiful daisies :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

~Jeri~ said...

Great card and fabulous job with the window! Wonderful card!

Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy and hope to see you joining us again!

Rebekah said...

So lovely Jack thanks for sharing at CUC hugs Rebekah xx

Stampin Mindy said...

Great card, love those dasies!
Thanks so much for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!

Hugs, Mindy