Monday, 9 May 2011

Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight - Inchies

It's Cazro's turn to choose the spotlight over at Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight this week and she has chosen Inchies.  What are inchies?  Well they are either a piece of paper or card (or materials) which is cut or punched to measure 1" square.  There are many ways to decorate your inchie and there are even special Inchie Stamps available.  Check out Cazro's blog for some brilliant ideas, and don't forget to also check out the DT's inchies on the Spotlight blog.  Vix is offering a really fab prize this week - a stamp grab bag!  Here's my card:

 











I love inchies, although I haven't played with them for ages. As I'm useless at cutting out small squares I bought myself a Woodware 1" punch especially for them.  When Cazro announced that her theme this week was Inchies I couldn't resist.  I decided to make a little rural scene using my Hobby Art Countryside Scene-It stamps (ooooh I'm really loving these!).  I stamped out my scene using 5 different stamps.  The only masking I did was for the sheep.  Then I watercoloured my scene using Whispers Pens (I must have had these pens for about 4 years and they are still going strong!) and when it was dry I punched out 4 Inchies and matted them onto dark green card.  The sentiment was from Hero Arts Anytime Messages and is again matted onto dark green card.  The final touch was a strip of ric-rac ribbon.  Et voila!
I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Unscripted Sketches - Great sketch
Allsorts Challenge Blog - Stamp a lot (I used 5 stamps plus sentiment)
Annabelle Stamps - Say it with Squares
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge - Give us a Quote/Sentiment
ABC Challenge - T is for . . . two or more stamps

31 comments:

lynne said...

I've never made an inchie, made a twinchie not an inchie. They look so intimidating although don't appear to have intimidated you. Great card.
Wishes
Lynne

Josephine said...

I love this, Jack. It looks like four little windows on the world - great idea!

loes de groot said...

i really really love this one : ) thanks so much for joining us this week at Unscripted Sketches!

Uma said...

a lovely inchies taste of the countryside

Mummylade said...

This is a wonderful creation, such gorgeous stamps. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

Paula said...

really like your little pieces of art inchies...well stamped and coloured!
Thank you for your comment on my blog, its much appreciated xx

sari said...

Such a lovely card! Love the sweet imageas you have used, and the colors are great! Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs & Sunshine! /Sari

sari said...

Such a lovely card! Love the sweet imageas you have used, and the colors are great! Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs & Sunshine! /Sari

Melly said...

Wow wow wow!!
I was far too frightened to even try this challenge! But you have just wow wow!!
Fab sweetie!
Hugs Melly xxx

Shar said...

Love it! Great inchies and wonderful card design!

Life At Camellia Cottage said...

Very pretty card, and love the inchies! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Unscripted Sketches! Becky

dstandard said...

This is adorable - I LOVE it! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

Dawn said...

Wonderful card, love the clean design and the scene you have created. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Catz!

Hugs, Dawn

Lin said...

Jack this is completely gorgeous. When I first saw it I thought they were little inchie stamps, I hadn't realised how much work you had put into creating them. Really pretty and a clever idea.

Lin xx

Sue W said...

Fabulous card love your inchies!!!
CAS fun and a great sentiment too!
Thanks for joining us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week and Good Luck!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh this is totally awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

AnnaBelle Stamps Blog said...

These images are perfect for inchies and perfect for our challenge! Love your card!
Thanks for sharing it with us this week :)
Andrea

Gerri Herbst said...

So adorable...I love inchies too. Your little scenes are tiny works of art! take care, gerri

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Jack
A fabulous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz this week,
Hugs Dianne xx

Beverly Gotthardt said...

Great scene card, you can just smell the fresh air. Love your inchies.

Janette said...

A really fab and clever card, very different, like it alot, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

gillyflower said...

love this card just like looking through a window on a wonderful country view really lovely
gillx

Karli said...

beautiful inchie art! Thank you so much for sharing your card creation with us at ABC Challenges. We hope you'll join us again next time! hugs~

Linda Beeson said...

I'm in love with what you did, those really are the perfect stamps. How cute are the inchies and this fits the Unscripted sketch so perfectly.

Suzanne Bier said...

Such a fantastic take on this week's sketch! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Unscripted Sketches!

CherylAnn Robinson said...

Agrarian designs are a sure winner - especially to a country girl. Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches.

melsanford said...

Oh wow! This is fab!!! I love they way you've done those stamps - brilliant :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

SmilynStef said...

Love your amazing scene ... what a create way to use the sketch ... and congrats on Top 3.

Lorraine said...

Fabulous card! Congrats on Top 3!

Lisa aka scrappychik said...

ADORABLE card! Congrats on making Top 3 at US :)

Eiglas said...

Really love this card. The image is fab to begin with but your treatment is superb.
I'd have this on my wall.
Hugs
Ei
x