Monday, 2 May 2011

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 45 - Steampunk/Machines

Over at Crafty Cardmakers this week our theme is Steampunk or Machines.  Well, what is steampunk, I hear you say???  Hmmmm, it's open to interpretation in so many ways but basically it's Victorian Romantic with a mechanical element and a bit of fantasy thrown in.  My teamies have come up with some amazing creations so go check them out!  We are sponsored this week by the fab One Stop Card Crafts who are offering a £10 voucher to one lucky person.


I've had great fun with the theme this week and made two items.  First I decorated a cheese box (new one I hasten to add).  I sprayed it with Cosmic Shimmer Mist (Meadow Lust).  Then I added stamped images on tissue paper (PaperArtsy Clocks 5 and Hot off the Press Edges & Borders butterlies) - you have to look hard to see them  cos I got carried away with my decoration!  Then I sponged on som Tesco Bronze Metallic paint, more glimmer mist and some Dazzling Metallics Olde Worlde Patina.  On top of the box I cut out some cogs using Tim Holtz Alterations Die Gadet Gears, ran them through TH embossing folders (woodgrain, bricks and damask) then added Pumpkin StazOn and Black acrylic paint, wiping over with a cloth to remove some of the colour.  Finally I added the lovely fake leather rose from Primark.
The necklace was made using chain, steampunk charms and some lovely green beads, then the chain was hung from some green organza ribbon and I added the rose toggle fastener at the side so it shows (cos it's soooo lovely!)

20 comments:

Paula said...

A wonderful creation!

stampdiva said...

Jack
Oh my word I absolutely adore this necklace. Wish I had the talent to make one for myself. This is incredibly exciting (can you tell how much I love this). Lucky person in your life who gets this.
As for the cheese box, compliments the necklace perfectly.
Need to check this challenge out but I am flipping out over this :)
wishes
Lynne

Jennie said...

Well this is just beautiful Jack!
Love Steampunk and love this! xx

gillyflower said...

can see you have a wail of a time making this it's brill love all the detail
gill x

Lin said...

There is nothing wrong with a smelly cheesebox! I love a bit of camembert so wouldn't mind if the box smelled of it!

All joking aside this is a fabulous project. You are one arty lady.

Lin xx

PS Can one have cheese for breakfast cos my mouth is watering now

melsanford said...

Oh wow! That box is gorgeous! And I love the necklace - the charms are perfect! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Eiglas said...

How superb are these items? What a fab necklace and the box is perfect!
Super job Hunni!
Hugs
Ei
x

Michele said...

oh Jack, these are something special! quite beautiful. xo

Terry said...

Super Wow! Love that altered cheese box! Your necklace is a most awesome piece of steampunk goodness! So lovely!

Lucy Edmondson said...

These are fantastic Jack! I love the box and the rose works so well on it. I love how you have used your jewellery making skills to good effect with the steampunk theme,

Lucy x

Netty said...

Both terrific creations, love them. Annette x

Willy said...

Both are wonderful!

jackid said...

wow Jack this is fantastic love the necklace aswell beautiful
Jacki xx

Lynn Stevens said...

Gorgeous necklace!
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the box- very nice project! I love the necklace with the steam punk charms and the ribbon. Fabulous!!!

JeanFB said...

Wow! Absolutely spectacular. What a gorgeous set. :)

AJ said...

Wow, i love what you have done… great piece of work!!!

2amscrapper said...

gorgeous work!

Marjie K said...

Beautiful pieces! I am in awe of your necklace.

Lucy Edmondson said...

I am so lucky to have been given this necklace, thank you so much!

Lucy x