Sunday, 1 May 2011

ATC Challenges - Anything Goes

It is our very first challenge over at ATC Challenges. ATC stands for Artists Trading Card and were originally given by artists as a sample of their work.  The rules for ATCs are simple.  They MUST measure 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches and should only be swapped NEVER sold.   The theme for this challenge is Anything Goes.  We shall be running the challenge for 3 weeks this time but in future the challenges will run for 2 weeks.  There will be a prize for one lucky person of a fabulous Die Cuts With A View paper stack.  Go check out my teamies ATCs, they are just gorgeous, but for now here is mine.
I made my background using a favourite technique - brayering.  I started by brayering Stampin' Up Sahara Sand around the edges, then added Bashful Blue and Marina Mist.  Then I added some hills by making a torn paper mask and sponging Perfect Plum along the edges.  I stamped my images (all from Lavinia Stamps) in Basic Black and added some Sakura Stardust pen for a bit of bling.
I'd like to enter my ATC in the following challenges:
Stamp Something - Things with Wings
Sir Stampalot - Magical Worlds

20 comments:

Judie aka Craftymess said...

i just love this jack, that image is lovely, well done hun

hugs
Judie xx

Lisa said...

Ilove your atc, colours are gorgeous and I think you have tempted me to buy some Lavinia Stamps (I have been tempted for a long time) xxx

Melly said...

Oh Jack, wow!
This is super honey! the colours are stunning and I love that fairy image!
Hugs Melly xxx

pinky said...

Very magical!! I love it. Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Julie Forest said...

Absolutely enchanting!! LOVE it!!! :)

Carole of Brum said...

Oh so magical, Jack. I love ATCs but never made any myself (yet!). CoB

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous.
Thanks for joining us at Everybody Art Challenge.
luv
Debby

brenda said...

Super use of the Lavinia stamps Jack and a really mystical feel.

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work and joining in our Magical Worlds theme at Stampalot Challenge this month, good luck and look forward to seeing you again next month,

B x

Tracy said...

Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mags said...

This is fab! Very atmospheric! Great job!

luv, Mags x

Suze Bain said...

Absolutely beautiful, the images are gorgeous. x

Lin said...

This is gorgeous Jack.

Lin xx

Clare *Littlebear* said...

Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month with your magical creation.
Hugs, Clare x

melsanford said...

This is beautiful! Such a gorgeous effect :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous ATC Jack :-) the background is fabulous and I love the silhouette stamps ,,, stunning :-)


thanks for joining in with the Stamp Something Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Francesca said...

Absolutely wonderful Creation,

Love the Image and colours

Thanks for joining us at Sir stampalot this month
and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Sally H said...

A beautiful ATC! Thanks for joining us in our magical world at Sir stampalot and good luck!

Cazro said...

Beautiful Jack, I love the colours, It looks magical. Caz

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous love all layers of colour adds so much more than just colour XOXO Zoe

Netty said...

Terrific ATC.