Sunday, 22 May 2011

ATC Challenge 2 - On the beach

We had a brilliant number of entries to our very first challenge over at ATC Challenges and now for our second challenge Caro has chosen the theme of the Beach/Seaside.  Go check our the fab ATCs my teamies have made but meanwhile here is mine.

 










I decided to make a triptych ATC (that's an ATC in 3 parts, lol).  I stamped my scene onto watercolour paper using my fabby Hobby Art Coastal Scene-It stamps, then I watercoloured using Koh-i-noor paints and Whispers pens, then cut the scene into 3 and mounted it onto my blue ATC.  The 'Fun in the Sun' wording is stamped with a Studio G Alphabet set by Hampton Art.  I decided to leave the front cover uncoloured and I added a little gingham ribbon to hold my triptych together.
I'd like to enter my ATC into the following challenges:
Make it Colourful - A Water Scene
Totally Gorjuss - Water, water
Paper Romance - Anything but a card
Some Odd Girl - Make a Scene
Clear It Out - Colors (using colouring mediums - I used watercolour paints and marker pens)
Fun with ATCs - Triptych
Ladybug Crafts Ink - Is that Orange I can smell
Allsorts - Birthday celebration - photo inspiration

19 comments:

lynne said...

Clever idea and shows of the images beautifully.
Lynne x

rumpelwibschstilzchen said...

this is just great!
It reminds me abit of my holidays in Cornwall years and years ago!

thanks for joining us at Fun with ATCs, I hope you will join us again!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A fabulous idea Jack - love the beautiful seaside scene and the summer colours - ooooh it makes me long for a holiday!!
Sylvia x

Mags said...

What a wonderful holiday scene! I wish I could just step through my computer and onto the beach, like going to Narnia!! Beautiful work!

luv, Mags x

Lisa Jane said...

Oh what a fab little scene ... i love the camper van
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Lisa x

Angela said...

What a fantastic beach front scene you have created. Love all the little images you used! Thanks for joining us at Make It Colourful this week! hugs, Angela

bettand said...

Gorgeous and creative ATC. Thanks for playing at TG this week. Bettina

Anita said...

Fabulous card and I love that you've made it into a scene. Thank you for joining us in the LCI challenge this week.

Leah the Orange said...

absolutely loving the three paneled scene here! what a fun idea, and it looks so very retro! thanks for sharing your sweet card with us at Make it Colourful! :)

Martha said...

an adorable card, thanks so much for joining us at clear It Out

theCook said...

This is a lovely scene. Thanks for joining the orange challenge at Ladybug Crafts Ink!

Viv said...

Gorgeous little scene Jack! Love the VW parked up at the beach...I'm inside it! Hehe!
Thanks for playing at MIC this week. Viv :)

scotspanda said...

gorgeous ATCs I love them in the triptyche like that. Would love to be laying on that beach right now (we have high winds and rain here today!)

thanks for joining in with our birthday week at allsorts and good luck in the draw :o)

hugs

Amanda x

Sandra P said...

Lovely Project!

Thanks for joining PR this week!

Hugs,
Sandra P

froebelsternchen Susi said...

wonderful Tritych... fresh and well designed!

xxx Susi

brenda said...

What a super card Jack and a really great take on the theme.

Thank you so much for joining in my photo inspiration challenge at Allsorts this week and and good luck with the challenge and blog hop.

B x

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Totally Gorjuss.
Hugs Sue x

melsanford said...

Ooooh! Fab scenes! Love it :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Rachel B said...

Fabulous. I love the scene. Amazing coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at Clear It Out.