Sunday, 3 April 2011

Time of My Life

I decided to have a play with something a bit Tim Holtz-y and this is what I came up with - a grungy (well grungy for me) easel card.  All my papers are from a stack I bought ages ago and had just kept in the drawer for stroking.  They are Basic Grey papers, Boxer collection.  There is only one sheet of each paper so it was very hard for me to cut into them, lol.  The dark blue paper was run through the Cuttlebug with Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fades Retro Circles.  It sort of cracked the paper so that the white shows through.  You can't really see in the picture but the blue is actually patterned.  I even stamped on the cream zig-zag paper with my Tim Holtz Components Time stamp.  The little sentiment on the oval (cut with Nesties) is from PaperArtsy Clocks 5 set and is held in place with a little key brad and the sentiment on the base is from Amy R Stamps Birthday Sentiments.  The gromets came free with my Big Bite and although I've had them over a year this is the first time I've used them too.  (No, what ever made you think I am a horder!!!).
I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
Basic Grey Challenge - More than one fold (papers are Basic Grey)
Telen's Place - Embalming (had papers and gromits so long they may well have been embalmed, lol)
Sassy Studio Designs - Fancy folds
The Outlawz - Favourite sentiment

20 comments:

Julie Forest said...

Wow, Jack! Love your Tim Holtz-y easel card!! It's absolutely grungerific!! I haven't tried an easel card yet...they intimidate me...lol. Your's looks flawless! And your papers are gorgeous too! {I also have trouble cutting into papers when they are "one of a kinds"...and that's why I have a room full of paper! I have to keep forcing myself to "use" it!} Thanks for sharing this gorgeously grungy card! :)

Roxann said...

Love your blog! Met you on the Outlawz!
Hugz,
Roxann

auntbeespickles said...

Hi jack, this is really a cool card. I'm like you I don't do grunge very often but this looks great! Thanks for joining us over at the Tellen's Place embossing challenge. Good luck and I hope you will play again!
Hugs, Sarah

Donna Mosley said...

Ooh! Jack, I love this, yes verrry Tim Holtz. Love the embossing and the gromets. Fab image too.

Donna x

craftattack said...

Great card!

Rose Petal said...

Hello Jack. What a great card. Lots of lovely detail, great colours and the embossing is very effective. Thank you for joining us at Tellens Place and good luck.
Sandra xx

Jane said...

A lovely card thanks for playing at Tellens Place good luck
Luv Jane xxx

stampdiva said...

I am definitely sending all requests for male birthdays to you and you can make them for me!!
Wishes
Lynne

Terry said...

Oh you know I love this Tim Holtz inspired masterpiece! Love this card and the use of washers is brilliant!

Terry said...

I forgot - love what you did with the texture fade! Awesome embossed background!

2amscrapper said...

Beautiful easel card. You sound like me--it's hard to part with those papers!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Repeat after me....

"I'm a paper hoarder and I stroke paper...I must make more stuff with it."

lol...aww you can still stroke the paper on the card. Not the same I know, but at least it hasnt just gone 'old fashioned looking and not on trend' in the drawer.

Love what you made- great strong colours and textures.

Kathy said...

This is great, an easel card that would make Tim proud, lol! wonderfully done. Thanks for joining us at SSD this week.

Terry Oulboub said...

This is wonderful; love how the discs and embossing circles work so well together. Great paper and love the focal point of birds in the tree with the clock - nicely done, Jack! Thanks for playing along with us at Tellen's Place in our "Embossing" challenge. :~)

Joynana said...

Love that Tim Holtz embossing folder. And the easel card. Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place.

AJ said...

I love your creation! its a great combo. love the colors, specially the way you incorporated the brown/ bronze tones with the silvers/ blacks.

melsanford said...

Oh wow! Fab effect! Absolutely stunning! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Lin said...

Were you trembling when you snipped into this gorgeous paper? I hate it when there is only one of something it's a real wrench parting with it.

This is dramatic and absolutely fabulous for a man! Love the addition of the washers.

Lin xx

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Hi Jack. I know what you mean about the papers but you have used them well. Love that embossing. The cracking just adds that extra something to the grungy look. Fab card. Thankyou for sharing this at Tellen's Place this week and hope to see you back next time

Rica said...

Fabulous card Jack, love your colours, brilliant embossing and the Boxer paper really creates an impact, stop stroking - start using!! Your TH inspired image is fantastic!!

So glad you could join us at Basic Grey,
hugs
Heather xx