Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Thinking of you




I've seen some cards lately that are nice and simple and done on brown card - or Kraft if you are American.  I really like the effect so decided to have a go myself.  I used a stamp I've had for at least a couple of years, Edwin in Plaster (a Magnolia stamp) and stamped him on brown cardstock (SU cake crumb) with Stampin' Up ink (Soft Suede).  Then I drew a line for him to sit on with a whispers pen, and added a sentiment (Hobby Art General Greetings) in the same ink.  I added just a little colour with Derwent Studio pencils to his plasters, cheeks and t-shirt and then some Sakura Stardust to his little wings.  I mounted my card onto a white card blank.
I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Claudia & Co - Clean and Simple
Bunny Zoe Challenges - One for the Boys

14 comments:

Terry said...

For a simple card, it has wonderful detail! Love how you color this little guy!

cockney blonde said...

Very effective Jack and Edwin looks really cute, x

Teresa said...

This is a gorgeous card, love Edwin with his little plaster bless him.
Teresa xx

melsanford said...

This is lovely! Really sweet. Love the simplicity of it - very effective :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

joanne wardle said...

pencil colouring on kraft card (I use Papermania recycled card blanks) is absolutely one of my favourite techniques for quick cards. I use it all the time. your card is adorable!

Lucy Edmondson said...

Love how you have coloured him!

Lucy x

stampdiva said...

Jack
I'm not only in awe of all that you have created but you manage to take part in so many challenges.
What a woman.
Lynne x
Oops forgot to say ..... cute card.

Lynn Stevens said...

Simple and darling at the same time! TFS
Lynn

Netty said...

Simple and cute. Good luck with the challenges. Annette x

Jeanie Callaghan said...

It's very good!

Jules said...

Such a cute stamp and card...reminds me of my grandsons.

Lin said...

Love the simplicity of this. Perfect for our male counterparts cos most of them don't do fussy and flouncy!

Lin xx

Shar said...

So sweet!

Jodi said...

This is a great CAS card ~ love the little touch of color. Thanks for joining us at Claudia & Co.