Friday, 8 April 2011

Something for me

I've had this big glass heart for ages but I have had so much trouble trying to find beads to go with it.  If you place it next to black beads it looks brown and if you place it against brown beads it looks black.  It IS black and silver lined.  I promise.  In the end I went for 4 types of seed bead: clear, clear silver lined, black and clear amber.  The beads that the seed bead lines are threaded through came from a set of black and clear beads and again the black ones look brownish.  There are three strings of seed beads all threaded through the smaller beads and through the heart and then I made three little tassels from the bottom of the heart.  This necklace is for ME.

8 comments:

Carole of Brum said...

Jack, your jewellery is gorgeous! Been looking back at the last week of posts and your other items, and each one is the kind of thing I'd definitely choose, all very wearable. Your DT card is also lovely, the bird image is so good. CoB

Cath Wilson said...

Gosh, you must be patient!! Looks good, though. Multi talented, eh? Love the card below, too!

Donna Mosley said...

Very beautiful Jack, love the glass heart and beautiful design.

Donna x

Judie aka Craftymess said...

it is gorjuss jack arnt you sure its for me ???

hugs
Judie xx

stampdiva said...

It is lovely to see you make something for yourself.
Lynne x
Oops meant to say how stunning it is.

melsanford said...

Another gorgeous creation - absolutely beautiful! I'm wearing the set you made me as I type. Love 'em :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Gerri Herbst said...

Magnificent! Such a pretty necklace. Just love it! gerri

Beverly Gotthardt said...

Jack, sorry I haven't been commenting much,but I had a few minutes tonight to surf around. Love the necklace, looks like a very versatile piece to me. Would go with lots of my outfits :-)