Monday, 25 April 2011

Red Hearts in Pink


Click on pic to see detail

 









Today I inked up my beautiful Ching-chou kuik stamp Red Hearts and decided she would look good in pink as it's my flavour of the month at the mo!  I coloured her wings with Starburst stains in Alpine Icy Rose and Magnolia Magenta Gold (if you click on the pic you can just about see the shine) and the background in Icy Primrose Gold.  The rest of the image was watercoloured with Stampin' Up inks (Cajun Craze, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Regal Rose and Melon Mambo).  I then added a little more sparkle with Crystal Glamour Dust on the moon.  She was cut and matted with Nestabilities.  The pink background is card I painted with Magnolia Magenta Gold Starburst Stain and sprayed with Gold Glimmer Mist then ran through the Cuttlebug using Tim Holtz Alterations folder (Regal Flourishes).  The strip of bg paper is from K&Co Bordeaux Garden.  The circle behind the image was cut using my new(ish) Nesties Eyelet Circles and I put a little Doily on the top that I got from Poppy's Cabin.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts and is stamped with SU Crumb Cake.  The flourishes are by Sizzix (Decorative Flourishes) with added Debbi Moore Pearls.  I finished off my card with some Wild Orchid flowers and ribbon from my stash.
I'd like to enter it in the following challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow - Sketch and Sensational Circles
Cooking It Up With Katie - Show me a pink, flowery lady
Crafty Purple Frog - Touchy Feely (embossing and ribbon)
In A Sweet Pea Dream - Favourite Colour . . . Sweet Pea
Our Creative Corner - Easel Cards
Totally Gorjuss - Bling it on
Freshly Brewed - Flowers
Secret Crafter - Colour Challenge
Anything Goes - Colour Challenge

17 comments:

stampdiva said...

What an amount of work put into this card but well worth it.
Lovely.
Wishes
Lynne

theCook said...

I so much love the embossed background! That card is beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at Totally Gorjuss challenge!

jackid said...

Hi Gill love this card the image is gorjuss pop over to my blog 2 awards are waiting for you
Jacki xx

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Fabbie card and that embossing is gorgeous as it the image. Thank you for joining us at Anything goes
Hugs
Tamara

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous layout - love it

Thanks for joining us on our "Pink, Brown & Cream" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

angelwhispers said...

Just love it the colours are devine and loving all the texture!!!

Thanks for joining us over at TCPFC Love Chanelle xxx

KymKreates said...

This project is just fabulous!! I love it!

Thanks for joining us at In A Sweet Pea Dream!
KymKreates
Sweet Pea DT

Carole of Brum said...

Wow, jack, you did a fab job with all this, everything looks great. I'm really getting to love these Ching-chou kuik images. CoB

Curlybear said...

OMGosh this is so beautiful, its so perfect for our colour theme challenge this week,the image is fabulous and I love how you have mirrored the design on the bottom half of your easel,

Thank You for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 131 Pink Brown and Cream.

Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :) x.
SCSC DT

Primitive Paper said...

I just love your card! The images you used are terrific. Thank you for joining us at the Sugar Creek Hollow Weekly Challenge. I can't wait to see your next creation.

Tracy
Sugar Creek Hollow, DT

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love the texture and embossing in your project! Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love the little roses and the croheted doily. The cardstock swirls are pretty too. Thanks for playing at the OCC this week!

melsanford said...

Wow - gorgeous card! Sorry I haven't been around much this week - life has been pretty hectic.

Congrats on your new DT post and the pink bracelet is beautiful!

Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Mags said...

Oh how gorgeous! The glimmer and glitter are just stunning! Great job!

luv, Mags x

Francesca said...

Absolutely wonderful card

Thanks for joining us at SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE this week and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love all the embossing!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Sue said...

Truly beautiful - she is my very favourite stamp too.