Friday, 29 April 2011

Poised in Purple


I've not done a lot of crafting this week as DH has been off but today managed to sneak away to my craft room and make 2 cards (good job too as next week I'm off to Wales for a few days!).  I decided to ink up my new Ching-Chou Kuik stamp, Fly Butterfly and went for a Purple theme.  She is watercoloured with Stampin' Up inks (Cajun Craze, Bashful Blue, Elegant Eggplant and Perfect Plum) and then I added silver gel pen to her dress, wings and the 2 moons before adding Crystal Glamour Dust for extra sparkle.  She is cut and matted with Nestabilities, as is the sentiment (from Hero Arts).  The bg paper is from PaperMania's Creative Tones Amethyst pad.  To finish off I added some ribbon, PaperMania pearl brads and flowers.
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Magical Monday - Monochromatic
In A Sweet Pea Dream - Anything Goes
The Stamping Boutique - Winged Things


10 comments:

stampdiva said...

This is lovely.
Wishes
Lynne

Lacey Stephens said...

Great card. Wonderful take on the Monochromatic challenge. Thanks for playing along with the Magical Monday Challenge.
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
Magical Monday DT

Georgia Ehrmann said...

simply beautiful...! Wonderful take on our sketch at Critter Sketch! Thank you for playing our challenge and good luck!
Hugs,
Georgia

Dora said...

Wow this is so elegant and what a gorgeous fairy, so beautiful. Love the soft lilac colour.. got those papers, thank you for the inspiration. . and thank you for the nice comment on my card. Hugs xxx

Mags said...

Wow, this is lovely! So elegant!

luv, Mags x

Crystal said...

Wonderful card, I love all the purple and love how your interpreted my sketch too. Thanks for playing along at Critter Sketch this week :)

Scrapcat 1 said...

oh my this is fabulous, so dreamy

Queenie Jeannie said...

A delicious, purple fantasy!!

Thanks so much for playing with us at The Stamping Boutique!!!

Miranda said...

very very cute, lovely
thanks for joining us at the TSB challenge
hugs
Miranda

Ellen said...

Ohh my, this is over the top cute!
Love the image, and you have colored her to perfections!
Thank you for joining us at "In a Sweet Pea Dream", and good luck to you:),
hugs from Ellen ♥