Friday, 8 April 2011

Planning a trip


Now be honest, isn't this just what you would pack if you were planning a trip to Paris???  I found the background paper in my scraps folder and there was just enough to fit on the card.  I wish I knew where it came from but as I haven't looked in that folder for yonks I think it's origins are lost in the mists of time, lol.  I stamped the little corset (Hampton Arts ATC Corset) in Versafine Sepia then ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Tiny Mosaics folder.  Then I sponged on some Frayed Burlap ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  The plan was to make it look like leather but I'm not sure it worked.  I added the lace by putting a strip of double-sided tape on the back of the corset and scrunching up the lace along the sticky bit.  The little tickets are various stamps from Clear Choice Stamps 22 Travel FRance and Clear Art Stamps French Mail and I added a Moulin Rouge poster from Stampsmith's Paris plate.  I also added Stampsmith postal marks.  The pink strip of card across the middle was embossed with Tim Holtz Texture Fades Regal Flourish folder and the flowers and brads were from my stash.  The little heart is a Cuttlebug die - Heart #1 and the finally addition was two little pearls in the bottom corner.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
The Stampsmith - The Female of the Species
Kaboodle Doodles - Let's Get Girly
Pixie Dust Studios - Lace it up

11 comments:

Carole of Brum said...

Ooh la la, Jack! Very nice indeed, I love how you've assembled all the elements, and the chic background too. CoB

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous Jack, love how you embossed the corset!

stampdiva said...

Jack
I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then I noticed you are entering it into TSC - that is great to see you there again.
Wishes
Lynne

melsanford said...

Oh wow! This is gorgeous! The corset is fab!!!! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Gerri Herbst said...

The corset is outrageous...so beautiful. Love it. take care dearie, gerri

Janet said...

Beautiful and a great take on my sketch! x

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Jack

This is totally fab-u-lous! Love what you've done with the corset and the vintage feel to your card! Thanks so much for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck.

Tina

Teresa Arsenault said...

Lovely vintage card, Jack.

Rebekah said...

Those flowers are gorgeous Jack thanks for joining us at a gem of a challenge this time hugs Rebekah xx

Debbie said...

Beautiful and creative! Love it!

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Well, of COURSE that's what I'd pack!!!! LOL!! I really love the texture you've given this wonderful piece! Thanks so much for sharing it with us for The Stampsmith Challenge - it's fantastic!
Val :)