Friday, 1 April 2011

Pansies for Mum


I was asked to make a flowery Mother's Day card for a friend to give to his Mum.  I started with a stamp I've had ages by Papercraft4You.  I stamped it in Archival Ink, twice, and then watercoloured it with my Whisper's Pens.  I cut a piece of green card and ran it through my Cuttlebug with the Flourished Frame folder and added my image to the centre, using the second image to layer the flowers (there is a Decoupage challenge over on Crafty Cardmaker's Spotlight this week if you're interested!).   The bg paper is from some I've had for ages and is by K&Co.  The sentiment was printed on my computer.  To finish off I added peel-off corners and some bling.
I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Crafty Inspirations - Mother's Day
The Crafty Pad - for Mums
Ooh La La Creations - Mother's Day
Cupcake Crafts - Flowers for Mum
Tip Top Tuesday - Nature Inspired
Scrapbook Sisters - Mother's Day
Paper Play - For Mum

15 comments:

melsanford said...

Awww - so pretty! The embossing and those gems are beautiful! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

stampdiva said...

Whoever receives this will be so delighted.
Lynne x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Jack, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and papers you've used. Definitely a card any mum would be delighted to receive. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Jack.Thanks for sharing with us at OLL.xxx

Lorraine said...

It's lovely Jack. Love the embossing. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week. Why don't you check out our CD competition, there's a great prize on offer.

Donna said...

Incredibly pretty card and such lovely added detail! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

poodlechops43 said...

Hi Jack,
What a beautiful card! So delicate and feminine. Love the flower images, the dp's, the colours and layout. Fab colouring too! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments and good luck.
Hugs Jacqui xxxx

Victoria said...

"Gosh Ding Dolly! that sur is purty!" (I live too close to Tombstone) You've made a lovely card. I just got that embossing plate, and haven't used it yet. Thanks for showing me how nice it works.

Wendi said...

Beautifully created I love pansies Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Cor* said...

Oh Jack this is beee-yoot-iful! Great embossing and fab layout! Such pretty flowers! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful mother's day creation with us at Creative Inspirations this time round!

laney said...

gorgeous pansies and a beautiful card!!
Thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations this time, hope to see you again
hugs
laney

nicoleqmullen said...

Love the embossing and LOVE those pansies!! Thanks for joining us at Paper Play Challenges this week!!

Deirdre said...

Beautiful.

Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week. ♥

Rebekah said...

Gorgeous colouring! Thanks for playing at CS this wk hugs Rebekah xx

Ren-Yi said...

What fun embossing and gems! What a superb mother's days gift. Thanks for playing along with us at PaperPlay challenge.