Monday, 4 April 2011

A Host of Golden Daffodils


Today I decided to have a play with a colour I don't use very often.  Yellow.  I stamped Tilda Dressed Up with Archival ink onto watercolour paper and then watercoloured her with Stampin' Up inks (Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Terracota Intenso. Bashful Bue and Regal Rose) and added little orange bling to her flowers.  She was cut and matted using Oval Nestabilities.  The bg paper is from K&Co Tim Coffey Daffodil pad and I matted it onto green card.  I ran the bg green card through my Cuttlebug twice using my Swirls and Birds folder but it was a bit short so I got out my embossing tools and finished off the embossing.  I added paper flowers with button and ribbon centres and finally added green flourishes (QuicKutz die).
I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Crafts and Me - Use Yellow
Allsorts - Blooming Blossoms
Stamptacular Sunday - Buttons, Bling and Bloom
Sparkles Forum - Springtime

18 comments:

Melly said...

Oh Jack
I love this! The colour is just lovely and perfect for the spring!
Hugs M xxx

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Jack, this is gorgeous. Love the very cute Tilda and fab colouring. The daffodil paper is very beautiful.

Donna x

gina g said...

Fabulous card, very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

Annette said...

Oh what a delightfully sweet card! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Julie Forest said...

What a sweet card! Love the yellow & daffodils - just scream Spring! The little bows tied through the button for flower centers is adorable! :)

Gerrie Johnnic said...

You did yellow proud! This is so adorable and sweet.

brenda said...

So beautifully bright and Spring like Jack.

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation and joining in my Bloomin’ Blossoms theme at Allsorts this week

B x

There's a Stampalot voucher up for grabs here

Angel said...

Gorgeous card, love the lemon, looks so pretty.

Thanks for joining us at SFC

Huggies Angel

stampdiva said...

I always struggle with yellow but you certainly don't. You nailed this.
Lynne x

Judie aka Craftymess said...

great card Jack, love the daf papers

hugs
Judie xx

Nina said...

A really great card!! Sweet Tilda is so nice coloured and I LOVE the embossed DP!

Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week :)
Nina.

trisha too said...

Awwww, how cute is that? And so cheerful!

:)

melsanford said...

I love yellow and I love daffodils! Beautiful! Fab embossing too :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Lin said...

What a clever begger you are, fancy thinking to continue the embossing by hand when it's a touch too short!

Your Maggie is beautifully shaded and goes so well with the papers and embossing.

It was a pleasure finally meeting you yesterday. Hope you didn't have earache from listening to my gabbling for hours!

Lin xx

PS Thanks for the lovely gift

Shelby Goolsby said...

Beautiful card!! I love the soft yellow and the swirls. Hugs,Shelby

scotspanda said...

pretty card, the image is lovely

thanks for joining in with our bloomin blossoms challenge at Allsorts this week

hugs

Amanda xx

paulssandy said...

Wonderful card! I don't use yellow often either, I wonder why. Thank you for the awesome comment you left on my blog. I don't feel old enough to be a greadmother either, but my youngest turns 24 today! So I guess I am getting old, lol

Oh, I love the jewlery you have here.

Leonie said...

O just love the spring feeling with the gorgeous yellows of your card.Thanks for joining in with us this week at Stamptacular Sunday.
Hugs Leonie