Monday, 11 April 2011

Grungy notebook


I've seen lots of things lately made with Sir Tim Holtz's Studio Multi Medium.  Well I haven't got any of this so I had a think to see what I could use instead.  I started with a notebook and covered it with pages from an old technical book.  Then I got out my alternative Studio Multi Medium (Versamark!) and stamped some PaperArtsy Clocks 4.  I dried the images and then sponged over Distress Inks in Old Paper, Stormy Skies and Bundled Sage.  Next I stamped the shrubs/trees from Darkroom Door Wilderness Vol. 1 in Forest Moss Distress Inks, the large clock in Stormy Sky and Bundled Sage and the small clocks in Chipped Sapphire.  Lastly I stamped the sentiment (PA Clocks 4) and the Tim Holtz Collection Time stamp in Chipped Sapphire.  The images I stamped with Versamark are very ghostly and show up better in the close-up. 

9 comments:

stampdiva said...

I can barely keep up with all your productivity.
Great stuff. You know how much I like journals and notebooks.
Off to do some cutting up for some small notebooks.
Lynne x

2amscrapper said...

I think it's wonderful to know enough about product to be able to work with what you have for the same effect. This is a stunning journal!

trisha too said...

Great grungy notebook, Jack!

:)

AJ said...

i love the way you have incorporated the tim holtz stamps,

1CardCreator said...

Love this notebook!

Beverly Gotthardt said...

Very innovative--your notebook turned out beautiful.

Melly said...

WOW!
This is just WOWOWOWOWOWOW! I love it!
I just love all your talented uber craftyness! Wow!
Hugs Mxxx

Sharon said...

Great grungey note book - the newsprint background is great! I love decorating notebooks too!

melsanford said...

Oh wow! This is fab!!! Love the printed text and the colours are perfect :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx