Friday, 29 April 2011

Florence


It's my son's birthday soon and as he and his lovely wife are currently living in Florence I decided to use a photo I had taken when I visited last year.  I'm not great altering things on the computer but I do have a basic Photoshop programme that lets me add effects to my photos so for this one I added an Arty type brush stroke and printed it onto watercolour paper.  I stamped the base card with images from Laurence Llewelyn Bowen's Venaissance set in Stampin' Up Crumb Cake and Basic Grey and the bg paper is Crafty Individuals Travels in Italy.  The sentiment (Hero Arts Anytime Messages) was stamped onto acetate with StazOn.  The decorative strips are embossed with my cuttlebug using the Iron Works folder and Tim Holtz Damask folder.
I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Stamping Vacation - Getting Geographical - Tuscany Italy
Crafts and Me - Vintage/Distressed
Papertake Weekly - Fab Sketch
Bunny Zoe - One for the Boys
Stamp-n-Doodle - Masculine

6 comments:

jackid said...

Wow Jack it's beautiful you can do more than me lol I can just about open macromedia and that's it but this is lovely well done
Jacki xx

stampdiva said...

Jack,
This is amazing.
Wishes
Lynne

skated said...

What a great card, thankyou for joining out challenge at Stamp'n'Doodle
Kate xxx
Stamp'n'Doodle DT

Jill said...

beautiful card Jack lovely idea to use the photo thanks for joining us at sketch n stash hugs Jill xx

Mags said...

Stunning card! I love the lush background, it looks so romantic!

luv, Mags x

Karen McAlpine said...

OOOh, I love how you added effects to your photo! This project is perfect for the Tuscany challenge! Really like that narrow strip of embossed paper too. Thank you for joining us at The Stamping Vaction Challenge blog.