Sunday, 3 April 2011

Dream Valley Challenge 4 - Things with Wings

Over at Dream Valley Challenges the theme is Things with Wings.  Oooh this opens up so many possibilities - fairies, butterflies, birds!   And we are being sponsored by One Stop Card Crafts who are offering the winner a £10 voucher.
Go check out the fab cards made by my teamies to give you some inspiration.
I chose birds for my 'thing with wings'
I decided to make a Twisted Easel this week as I've never made one before.  And the stamps I 've used are from Simple Expressions.  I stamped them with Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler onto cream card and matted onto darker card.  The bg squares are some marbled paper that I've had for ages (think it's K&Co) and the Oriental paper is from Dovecraft Eastern Promise stack.
I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Everybody Art - Brown and Pink
Pixie Dust Studios - Fluttering Wings

13 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Jack.Thanks for sharing with us at Bearly Mine.xxx

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Jack - very stylish! Love the colours and fab design :o) Lisa x

Lynne in NI said...

Gorgeous! That's such a pretty bird stamp and looks fab with your colour combo.

Mina said...

wow Jack what an amazing card, I love the bird its beautiful and I love how you kept it monochromatic
Mina xxx

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

such a fab take on the sketch, and I love the image you have used…..
Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine......

Hugs
Judith

Crafteezee said...

Love how you have reflected the sketch on both panels, fab idea. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine. Hugs Tracy x

Melly said...

Just stunning!
I adore the image and those papers are yummy yummy!!
Its lovely and perfect as another wee oriental card hee
Hugs M xxx

stampdiva said...

I've never made an easel card, let alone a twisted easel - wow. Completely stunning. I always associate you, Nicki and Cath with birds.
Wishes
Lynne

Shar said...

Extremely pretty!

melsanford said...

This is absolutely beautiful! The bird image is gorgeous! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Lin said...

I haven't made a twisted easel either, must give it a go.

This is just beaufiul - the bird stamp is gorgeous and your colour choice was perfect.

Lin xx

Taylor U. said...

Whoaa - how cool!! Thanks for playing along with us at Pixie Dust Studio!

Vixykins said...

Gorgeous Jack, I have that plate too :D
Lovely colour choice as well x

Thank You for playing at Bearly Mine Designs x