Monday, 11 April 2011

Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight - Card for Tweenage Boys (Tweens)

The theme this week over at Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight is Teenage Boys (or Tweens). Not the easiest of subjects I know, but that's why it's a challenge, lol.  We have a fab prize on offer of 4 sets of American Crafts Mini Marks rub ons.  Here is my card but don't forget to and check out the brilliant cards made by me Teemies.

I don't actually own any stamps for Teenage boys so for my card I've used a freebie from Cuddly Buddly.  It's a LIllyBoo design.  Cuddly Buddly are so generous they've got loads of freebies as well as some fab digi stamps.  I printed the image onto watercolour paper and then watercoloured it with Stampin' Up inks (I used Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Terracota Intenso, Early Expresso, Bashful Blue and Not Quite Navy).  The bg papers I've had for ages and are twelve x 12 Dimensionals (Renaissance Antonia and Guiliana).  The fab swirl sentiment is from Hobby Art (General Greetings) and was cut and matted with Nesties.  The little tickets were from a great set I've just bought  by Inkadinkado (Paperwork Greetings) that I stamped onto grey card and cut out then attached with a little star and a brad.
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Craft Your Days Away - Spots and Strips
Aud Sentiments Challenge - Sentiment/Card for a child
Papertake Weekly - Anything goes/optional something new (stamp set)

9 comments:

Josephine said...

That's a great card, Jack! The tags are a great addition.

Love the image - pretty sure I've got it too. Lilyboo images are great, and you're right, they're very generous with the freebies!

jackid said...

Hi Jack love your card I think I have this digi too and yep there are loads of freebies over on cuddly love what you have done with him great card
Jacki xx

Doreen said...

I love the image on this gorgeous card.xxx

stampdiva said...

Jack
This couldn't be more perfect for that age group.
Wishes
Lynne

gillyflower said...

just love this great image love the tickets too
gill x

jackiescrafts said...

This is a great card that image is fab perfect for a teenage boy

Thanks for joining in at CYDA this time

Jackie x

Audrey said...

What a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Made by Mandy said...

Thanks for the link to the freebie image, I'm the same as you with very few male images.

Love your card, great colouring and the colours are great for a teenage boy.

Love Mandy xxx

melsanford said...

Fab card! Love the image - thanks for the link :-) Your colouring is fab! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx