Friday, 15 April 2011

Butterfly and flowers

I'm really loving this new stamp set - Garden Collage by Stampin' Up.  I stamped the butterfly collage onto watercolour paper and watercoloured it using SU inks (Certainly Celery and So Saffron).  The image was cut and matted with Nestabilities circle and scallop circle dies.  The card base is a lovely cream one and on top I added some patterned paper (you can hardly see the pattern as it's a 12x12 with big patterns) from Dovecraft Kate Knight Aquamarine Floral Prints and the bottom was punched with Martha Stewart Scallop Dot punch.  Then I stamped the flower corners (Inkadinkado Garden Flowers) in Certainly Celery.  The handwriting paper is from K&Co Life's Journey Script pad.  The card is finished off with some SU ribbon.
I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Crafts and Me - Ribbon
Card Cupid Challenges - Two colour cards
Flutterby Wednesdays - Pastel Colours
The Playdate Cafe - Colour challenge


17 comments:

Khristen said...

So pretty, I love those stamped corners and the butterfly :)

Gez said...

Very pretty card. Love the colours :)

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful creation Jack. Love the butterfly and gorgeous colours.

Donna x

cockney blonde said...

Another beautiful card Jack. Love the subtle colours, x

Terry said...

Lovely take on the color challenge! The butterfly collage image is so stunning! Love this!

melsanford said...

This is lovely! Love the layout and the soft colours. Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Melly said...

Ohhhhh I want!!
This is just fab honey! I love the stamp!! Now just to find a Stampin Up person hmmmm!
Hugs M xxxx

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh, wow! I have this stamp set, too and I just love it! You've really made this card beautifully...the colors are fab, the border punching is delightful and the ribbon is perfect! Super work! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

stampdiva said...

Jack,
I have this sitting beside me. It is so lovely and full of everything related to Springtime.
Wishes and Thanks
Lynne

Danni said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Netty said...

Beautiful card and love the colour combination and design. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful card, I have always loved that stamp.

Jacqueline said...

lov ehte colours paired with the butterfly. Thanks for playing along at Card Cupids.
Hugs. Jacqueline

Lin said...

Scrummy soft colours! I like the fact that you have cut out the image and haven't rigidly stuck to displaying the whole thing.

Lin xx

Colleen Dietrich said...

OH, yes, I have that stamp set too; isn't it lovely? I think you did a wonderful job including it in our color challenge this week...I like the overall effect of the card. THanks for playing with us at THe Play Date Cafe!

gina g said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

Jaclyn Miller said...

I love how you've softened up the colors for a really beautiful card. That stamp is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.