Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Stampbord Mirror


















I have a wonderful friend called Lucy who is a constant source of amazing inspiration to me.  For Christmas she gave me my very own stampbord mirror kit (stampbord tiles, mirror tile and scratchy tool).  I took the bits to her house when we had a playday (I think it was in January!!!) and borrowed some of her Crafty Individual Stamps to make it.  I nearly completed decorating the tiles and then of course put it away. I was walking past my craft room from the bathroom yesterday, still in my pjs and thought I'd just take a look.  I only had a few tiles to finish scratching, then I added Anita's 3D Clear Gloss Finish.  That bit went alright till I swiped my pj sleeve across one of them!  Luckily it was still really wet so I was able to wipe the glossy stuff off and reapply.  Just hope it comes out of the pjs as easily.  Then something woke me at midnight and so into my craft room I went again and the tiles were nice and dry so I stuck them to the mirror.  And there ya go!  One finished mirror, lol.  Take a look at Lucy's blog.  All of her stuff is amazing but my favourite (at the moment) is her interpretation of the Tin Man - just incredible.
For this mirror I used a mirror tile, 20 stampbord squares coloured with Brilliance Pearlescent Jade and a little bit of Pearlescent Sky Blue (it is VERY green IRL - bad photographer!), Crafty Individual stamps stamped in Black StazOn (184, 218, 226, 248, 266) and Anita's 3D Clear Gloss Finish.
I'd like to enter it into the following challenges:
Crafty Purple Frog - Things with wings
Do You Stack Up - Just Green It
The Artistic Stamper - Spring is Sprung
The Stampsmith - Try something new - my first stampbord mirror (hope it's OK to enter twice, if not I apologise xx)
The Cheerful Stamp Pad - Is it Spring Yet?

44 comments:

Denise and Louise said...

Great mirror. I love using Stampbord. Thanks for joining us at DYSU xx

Jingle said...

This is so pretty! I love it!

1CardCreator said...

It is beautiful!

Cgra said...

Very cool - I love how the images work so well together.

craftattack said...

Lovely mirror Jack!

Willy said...

Wow.. what a wonderful mirror. Great art work!!

craftytrog said...

It's gorgeous Jack! x

Netty said...

Beautiful, x

Beverly Gotthardt said...

oooh, very nice. I've got a bunch of clothes with paint and stuff all over them, that's when you're really into the project :-)

Gerrie Johnnic said...

How beautiful this is! I have the perfect place for it, hint hint! lol

Marcy said...

Just beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at DYSU.

Minxy said...

WOW what a fab job, it looks stunning :D thanks for playing along with the ASCT challenge x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is a wonderful project- I have an even better place for it than Gerrie...LOL

Gerri Herbst said...

Fabulous mirror. I love birds.You have inspired me to use my stamboards. I have them but havent had the courage to use them. Thank you.

Janet said...

very nice! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge blog!
hugs

2amscrapper said...

gorgeous project!

Michele said...

Jack this is so pretty! i love the blue and all the sweet spring images. thanks or joining the "is it spring yet?" challenge at the cheerful stamp pad! xo

Lynn Stevens said...

Its GORGEOUS and well worth the wait!
I hope it came out of your jammies!
Hugs Lynn

SandyC said...

this is absolutely gorgeous. I love it x

Elaine said...

Its gorgeous - love the colour and the mix of stamps you've used. What a great present!!

stampdiva said...

Jack this turned out amazing and I have to say, great choice of stamp company. Also I associate you with nature as you have such a love for nature. Perfect home decor piece.
Wishes
Lynne

Shar said...

Completely stunning, Jack!

Jennie said...

Oh wow this is absolutely stunning! I adore those colours :) xx

melsanford said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the gorgeous images and colours :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Terry said...

Lucy is an inspiration! Love your mirror! What a beautiful creations you have shared!

Eiglas said...

Oh I just LOVE this! That is amazing Jack!
Oh I gotta do me one of those....!
Hugs
Ei
x

Judie aka Craftymess said...

now this is just lush, i adore this one jack xx

Melly said...

Oh wow wow wow!
This is just simply amazing!
I love all those lil tiles and the blue is so perfect! The ickle butterflies are my fav hee!
Hugs Melly xxx

Vicki Romaine said...

What a lovely picture frame. Thanks for joining "Is It Spring?" at the Cheerful Stamp Pad.

trisha too said...

SO pretty, Jack! What a great make!

:)

Karen McAlpine said...

Beautiful project!! My projects call to me too. I think they get lonely. I stopped working in my robe...it was always getting in the way too. LOL. Thank you for joining us at the Stampsmith Challenge blog! Have a great day.

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, what a cool project!

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Enter a hundred times, Jack - your work is amazing!!!! Congrats on finishing your project - it's absolutely stunning! (Good luck cleaning yer jammies!)
Val :)

Carole of Brum said...

What a great project! I'd love to be able to make something like this....it must be great to look in that mirror every day and see something you'd made and that you can be proud of. CoB

Sue said...

Absolutely gorgeous, those bird stamps are beautiful and the finished mirror is just perfect x

BarbaraW said...

Don't you love it when a great project comes together. Thanks for sharing your mirror in the Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge.

Lin said...

The moral of this story Jack!!!! Don't craft in your PJs!

Lin xx

PS Gorgeous mirror

hazel said...

Fabulous mirror Jack.
xxx Hazel.

Debbie said...

Beautiful mirror! Great job! Congrats!

cockney blonde said...

Congrats on your Stampsmith win. Well deserved. Your mirror is amazing, x

PetraB said...

Your mirror is stunning, congratulations for winning the Stampsmith challenge! And thanks for joining us at the Cheerful Stamp Pad.

angelwhispers said...

This is just stunning!!! Just love the colours and all the images and it's just perfect for our theme!!

Thanks for joining us over at TCPFC Love Chanelle xxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic idea and great piece of art.

Cath Wilson said...

Beautiful. I have one in progress, too - ooer!