Sunday, 27 March 2011

Just like a No. 9 Bus . . .

No jewellery for ages and then a whole load made this month, lol.  Today I was inspired after a visit to the bead shop that started it all for me - Distinctive Designs Bead Bar.  They have recently moved premises and have some fabulous new beads in. 

I used some lovely grey imitation pearls and some turquoise glass beads along with some cute little silver charms all strung on stretchy elastic.  It's years since I used elastic and of course once I had tied my knot I couldn't thread the ends back through the beads because their holes were too small!  Oh No!  So I added a dab of glue to the knot and then tucked it into a crimp cover before cutting off the ends.  Fingers crossed that it won't come undone.

15 comments:

craftattack said...

This is very pretty, and I like your allusion to the buses!

hazel said...

Your bracelet and butterfly necklace are beautiful Jack, lovely colour.
xxx Hazel.

thepozbabe said...

Lots of gorgeousness going on here Jack. x

melsanford said...

Oh this is absolutely beautiful! You really make some gorgeous jewellery :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Kendra said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too! lol Love the colors on this, and that is such a cute ladybug!

Terry said...

You are having fun with these! Love this bracelet, so pretty!

gillyflower said...

ooh love this gorgeous colours those pearls are lovely
gill xx

Donna Mosley said...

Very beautiful jewellery Jack, love the gorgeous colours and pretty charms. The Gorjuss decoupage is from Hobbycraft, not the cheapest place I know.

Donna x

Shar said...

Totally stunning!

Alison said...

Gorgeous jewellery Jack, makes me want to get my beads out! x

Carole of Brum said...

I love your pretty bracelet, Jack, it must be great to be able to make things like this. CoB

Khristen said...

Gorgeous, I love blue :) I have yet to get into jewelry making, but it is something on my "crafty to-do" list hahaha
xoxo

Gerri Herbst said...

Beautiful piece, the color reminds me of rare blue sea glass. Maybe one of my beach bottles washed up on your shore.LOL. gerri

Melly said...

OH wow!
I so so love! the colour is just stunning and the charms perfect!
You have made some amazing things recently, I really need to be a "good blogger!! The chain below is so me hee
Hugs Melly xxx

Lin said...

This is lovely Jack. Gorgeous colours.

I went for a nosey at the link and begger me if I didn't used to get all my rabbits from the garden centre where the bear bar now resides, as it was less than ten minutes from where I used to live.

I bet you get lost in there with all those gorgeous beads and supplies!

Lin xx