Friday, 25 March 2011

For the birds


I was looking through some old Craft Stamper magazines and came across an article by Helen Chilton where she used Kaleidacolor inks to make a background (September 2010).  What she did was swipe the inks across her craft matt and spray the ink with water.  Then glossy card was swiped/swooshed into the ink.  I used a Kaleidacolor Pastel pad but was quite surprised at how bright the inks were! 
For the notelets I stamped various birds onto my backgrounds (Craft Stamper CS 180/179/183/200/265).  I then matted them with purple card and added them to square cards, finally adding Just a Note . . . on the bottom corner.
For the card I started with a sketch from The Pink Elephant.   I used a large piece of the bg card and stamped my Twitter Lane stamp (Feed the Birds).  The pink bg paper came from American Traditional Designs (Brights).  The purple background card was stamped with a flower image from Inkadinkadoo Garden Flower set.  The ribbon, flower and brad were from my stash.
I would like to enter these in the following challenges:
Scrapbook Sisters - Anything Goes
Crafts and Me - Anything Goes
For Your Inspirations - Photo inspiration

11 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Love those colors, very cool technique.

melsanford said...

Gorgeous cards. Such beautiful colours :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

StephC said...

Beautiful! So glad you joined us at the FYI challenge blog!

Gerri Herbst said...

Just love these bird creations especially the notelets. Lovely set...hope my wolf doesnt eat them. Only kidding. Beautiful work, gerri

Wanda Cullen said...

Your background is so beautiful! Thank you for joining us in the FYI photo challenge!

dstandard said...

What beautiful card - great technique! thanks for playing with us at FYI.

stampdiva said...

Have I fallen asleep and woken up months later or have you been incredibly busy?!!!
These are so you.
Lynne x

Mina said...

wow what beautiful work Jack what a fantastic colour effect...thanks for joining in with our Crafts and Me challenge
Mina xxx

Anne said...

Wow, you are magic with this color scheme!! Gorgeous cards, all of them!! Thanks so much for this awesome entry in the FYI Blog Challenge!!

Corinna McGregor said...

I love your background!! Gorgeous!! Thanks for joining the FYI Challenge!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Beautiful set of cards!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!
Sheri-TPE DT