Sunday, 20 March 2011

Dream Valley Challenge 3 - Mothers Day

Its time for another Challenge at Dream Valley Challenges and this fortnight we want to see your Mother's Day creations.  Our sponsor for this challenge is the fab Digis With Attitude who are offering a $10 Canadian dollar voucher to spend in their shop.  The girls have made some wonderful DT card so go and take a peek.
I have made two cards for this challenge, the first is my attempt at daffodils!
The pale yellow petals were made using my EK Success Papershaper Daisy punch (twice for each flower).  I made the lines on the petals by placing the punched shape on a foam mat and running my pokey tool along each petal, turning the shape over and repeating on the other side.  The darker yellow centres were circles cut with the largest flower on my Woodware Sunflower Multipunch and then I cut round the circle with deckle edge scissors (think next time I will make the circle a bit smaller).  I then cut from the edge to the centre and then shaped the circle into a cone.  The very centre is just a frill of yellow paper rolled up.  The leaves are strips of green card again shaped with my pokey tool.  I mounted and matted my flowers onto white and green card cut with Nesties labels ten.  The bg paper is from K&Co Tim Coffee Daffodil Pad (how appropriate, lol) and the sentiment was computer generated and cut with a Woodware tag punch.  I then added a bit of ribbon to the bottom of the flowers.
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
The Stampman - Mother's Day, floral theme
Do You Stack Up - Add a bow

The second card is made using one of the fabulous digi images from Digis With Attitude
She is from the Tweens With Attitude range and is called Giving Tween.  I started with the sketch from A Spoonful of Sugar.  I watercoloured my Tween with Whispers pens and cut and matted her with my good old oval nesties.  The bg paper is from American Traditional Designs, Pastels, and the pink card was run through my cuttlebug using the Birds and Swirls folder.  All it then needed was a bit of ribbon and some flowers with pearl centres.
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Crafty Creations - Mother's Day
Stampin' For the Weekend - Mother's Day
Fairy Tale Challenge - Pink and Green

25 comments:

Mags said...

Wowie! Love those daffs so much! And the 'tween' card is a cutie!

luv, Mags x

Jennie said...

Jack these are fabulous! How creative are those daffodils! You must have spent so much time on them!

I love your tween card too! How do you find the whispers pens? Any good? xx

WencheP said...

WOW - those daffodils are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

craftyb said...

2 super sweet cards - your daffodils turned out terrific! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week! bx

Carole of Brum said...

Hi Jack, both your cards are great. You just can't get more spring-like than daffodils, they look so good and great paper too (I nearly used that one this week as well). Love how you made the DWA card, the image really looks good. CoB

Melly said...

Aww Jack I love it!
The daffies are fab! I may have to give them a wee go! I do adore my wee daffs!
the other is so girly and pretty!
Hugs m xxxx

melsanford said...

Such beautiful cards! Those daffodils are amazing! And I love the colours on card 2. Fab! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

carol said...

lovely pretty cards, thanks for playing along with Craftycatz, x carol

Carrie's Corner said...

Love your daffodils! The color combo you used for your 2nd card is lovely! Great job on both cards!

Hugs
Carrie

karlinchen50 said...

Hello a very beautiful card and a great design.

Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge
**Karla

Khristen said...

Love LOVE those daffodils! So pretty, and love the colors of the second one! xoxo

Janna said...

Hi Jack, super sweet easter card! Thanks so much for sharing your project with us at DYSU this week :) Janna

lisa said...

Wow, your daffodils are stunning. How clever to make them out of punches.
Thanks so much for sharing them with us at The Stampman.
Hugs Lisax

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Jack, gorgeous cards. Those daffidils are just so amazing.

Donna x

cockney blonde said...

2 beautiful cards Jack. Those daffs are amazing, brill work, x

Gerri Herbst said...

These are great but I do love the daffodil more. Ours are coming up her in New Jersey and the earliest ones have bloomed. Here's to spring!
take care, dearie. Gerri

Bianca said...

You have made two fab cards! I love the flowers and the image you have used. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Lin said...

Oh Jack both of these are fabulous, but the daffodil one just evokes so many happy memories, as you no doubt saw when you were on my blog. Hugs back to you. I take heart that I had a lovely Mum, better to have loved and lost as they say!

Lin xx

Autumn said...

Great job with the daffodils! Thanks for joining us at SG!
xxAutumn

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card thanks for sharing with Crafty Catz

Diamond Doll said...

Beautiful cards Jack i love those daffodils.
Thanx for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Vixykins said...

These are precious Jack, love the first one most! Thank You for entering The Stampman Challenge, hope to see you again x

PokSa said...

Beautiful card.
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
Hugs Sandra

Heidi-Mari said...

Great card love the flowers! 
Thank you for joining us over at Stampin for the Weekend 
Have a blessed day! 
Heidi-Mari 

Heidi-Mari said...

Great card love the flowers! 
Thank you for joining us over at Stampin for the Weekend 
Have a blessed day! 
Heidi-Mari