Sunday, 6 March 2011

Dream Valley Challenge 2 - New Beginnings

Over at Dream Valley this week the challenge is New Beginnings, you know - new home, new baby, wedding etc.  This challenge runs for a fortnight and we have two fab sponsors this time; One Stop Card Crafts who are offering a £10 voucher and Crafty Ribbons who are offering a gorgeous bunch of ribbons.  I decided to make a wall hanging for someone moving home.

 






I used Archival Ink to stamp out images from Hobby Art (Harbour Scene-its) and Art Impressions (Watercolour Project 6 English Garden) stamps  and then watercoloured the images using Whispers pens.  I added flowersoft (Sweet Pea and Summer) to the flower pots to add dimension.  The words on the central panel were printed off on my computer and then the leaves were added.  Then I cut the images into 4cm squares, matted them onto pale green card and fixed them all to a piece of dark green mountboard.
Go check out the other amazing examples from my fellow DTs on the Dream Valley Challenge Blog.

17 comments:

Mags said...

Jack, this is terrific, it makes me think of old embroidered samplers! Such a good card!!

luv, Mags x

Khristen said...

That is amazing! I just love it so much, and those stamps are perfect. I'm going to have to try something such as this, thanks for the inspiration :)

Lottie said...

What a stunning and original idea

1CardCreator said...

Love the wall hanging, great cororing and great idea. ~Diane

Caroline Hallett said...

what a great idea - love it - thanks for sharing as I am going to have a go at something similar - cheers

Mags said...

Jack - thanks for the nice comment on my blog! For making bows I use the Bow Easy Template which I got from Dies to Die For. One of the best things I've ever bought!!

luv, Mags x

Fiona said...

gorgeous creation Jack...love all the little windows...very pretty.

Fi
x

Melly said...

Oh jack i love it!
It will look lovely up on the wall of their new home! the flowersoft adds that wee bit something else!!
Hee yeah that was wee me and hubby in my picture!
Hugs Melly xxx

Carrie's Corner said...

Love all the little individual tiles! What fun! I like the flower soft. I've not tried it yet but I love how it adds so extra dimension!

Hugs
Carrie

Lynne in NI said...

Oh I love it Jack! What a perfect 'new home' gift!

Carole of Brum said...

Jack, I love your design of little images together, it has a really homely feel to it and the flowersoft really adds something to it. Great colouring with the Whisper pens too.

There is a little something for you on my blog....the post underneath the DT card. CoB

Michele said...

this is lovely! so subtle and charming. a great challenge too. xo

Lin said...

Jack this is fabulous. I should sneak to your's and nick it for my friend who is also moving house!

Lin xx

stampdiva said...

So much work into this and it would make the perfect new home gift. Very sweet.
Lynne x

trisha too said...

This is a delightful card--so sweet and pretty, anyone would love to receive it!

:)

melsanford said...

This is fab! Love those images - they're perfect for a new home :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Eiglas said...

I could have sworn I'd already left you a comment on here! Clearly I'm more like my crazy Mum than I thought! LOL!
Beautiful project Jack - love the vintagey images and it just reminds me of my childhood (...well, the good bits anyway! LOL!)
Hugs
Ei
x