Monday, 21 March 2011

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 42 - Special Birthdays

Time for a new challenge over on Crafty Cardmakers and this week's theme is Special Birthdays.  We are sponsored again this week by the fabulous Joanna Sheen who is offering a £10 prize for her online store.  My teamies have made some fabulous cards so go check them out. 
I made a card and matching notebook for my niece, Ruth, who is celebrating her 18th Birthday
Ruth is a big fan of Manga/Anime so these Sugar Nellie images were just perfect.  I watercoloured them with my Whispers pens and cut them out.  The background is made using one of Tim Holts Alterations Texture Fades folder (Rays).  I dabbed Pearlescent Orange and Pearlescent Yellow inks directly onto the folder, added a piece of white card and ran the folder through my Cuttlebug.  I was really pleased with the result.  The 'grass' was made by folding ribbon onto double-sided tape.  Ruth's name was cut using a Sizzix alphabet - Man Oh Man and I added a stamped 18 to a large yellow brad.
I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Fun at Fairy Knoll - Birthdays
A Gem of a Challenge - Anything but a square
Paper Sundaes - Embossing
Gingerloft - Die cuts or punches

15 comments:

Paula said...

a lovely card and gift which Im sure your niece will treasure.

Josephine said...

These are gorgeous! I love how you've done the backgrounds.

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Jack, love this gorgeous set. Very cute girlies and the background you've created is fab.

Donna x

melsanford said...

Fab set - love it! Those colours are gorgeous :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous and adorable.
luv
Debby

1CardCreator said...

Wow, I love what you did with the paper. Your niece will love this!

Terry said...

These are just so cute! Your niece will love them!

gillyflower said...

wow love it so bright and sparkly love that embossing folder it's your fault i had to go and buy it the other day lol
love the little book to how nice for a little gift
gill x

Shelley said...

This is just gorgeous, thanks for joining in this weeks Fairy Knoll Challenge. Hugs Shelley xx

Jackie said...

Wow these are fab. Thank you for sharing with us at AGOAC this time. hugs Jackie x

fionalawlor said...

These are so lovely! Im sure she will love these :)
Fiona x

Lin said...

I swear I am losing the plot Jack. Thought I had commented on this the other day, but apparently not. Blogger just hates me some days, lol

What a cool card, and I love the notebook too. Cinch by any chance? To my shame I bought one and it's still in it's box *blushing*

That S!r T!m folder is brilliant here. I have been toying with getting that one, you are twisting my arm even further towards my purse.

Lin xx

Eiglas said...

Jack, could your blog be any harder to read...? LOL! Us oldies are having to pump up the browser y'know!
Splendid projects Hunni - you can write yourself reminders in that lickle notebook or, if you're anything like me, forget to write yourself lickle reminders! LOL!
Seriously though, lovely card & book Hunni - lucky recipient!
Hugs
Ei
x

Lynn said...

How gorgeous and love the cute images!
Thanks so much for joining us at GingerLoft Challenges..Hope to see you again :)
huggs
Lynn xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

What a cute matching set. Love the image and the background 'rays' look fantastic.
Thanks for joining us at A Gem of A Challenge.
Caroline (GDT) xxx