Monday, 7 March 2011

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 41 - Fabric

Our challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers this week is to use Fabric in your creation. That means ribbons, fabric flowers, fabric for BPs, get the idea, lol. Our sponsor this week is One Stop Card Crafts who are offering a £10 voucher. 
I'd been thinking about making a cloth book for ages and wondered how it would work with stamping.  Remember those ones you could buy for toddlers (showing my age here, lol).  Well here's my version.
For the pages I used some curtain lining I bought about 15 years ago and never got round to putting in the curtains.  I cut the pages out with pinking shears.  Next I got out the fabulous Relish Reading stamps by Rogue Redhead Designs.  I was lucky enough to win this plate of stamps recently.  I stamped them on the fabric pages in StazOn Saddle Brown.  I added extra sentiments from Stampscape Scenic Sentiments Sheet 4 and Hero Arts Anytime Messages.  Then I sewed two pages together back to back to give them a bit more substance.  The lovely fabric for the cover came from a bundle I bought off of ebay and I lined the covers with card to stiffen then.  The image on the front was stamped onto the curtain lining, stitched onto the cover fabric and then buttons added.  Lastly I stitched the pages and the covers together.
Head on over to Crafty Cardmakers and check out the fabulous things the rest of the DT have designed.
I'd like to enter this little book into The Stampsmith challenge which is to use or do something new.  My stamps are new and I've never, ever made a fabric book before.

31 comments:

Jingle said...

This is so beautiful!

Kendra said...

This is so cute! Love the buttons!

Cgra said...

Wow! I love it, Jack - the pinking shear edges are perfect and the buttons on the front match so well. Nicely done.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

I luved those cloth books, but I luv yours much better! How adorable and clever too!

cockney blonde said...

Jack that is absolutely wonderful. I love the kiddies cloth books and this way you can tailor it for the individual, x

1CardCreator said...

This is adorable, love those buttons!

Beverly Gotthardt said...

Wow Jack, this is fantastic. Those are great stamps. This was probably more fun to make than curtains anyway :-)

Shelley said...

It's wonderful! So soft and lovely.

Fiona said...

wow this is fab...I would never have thought of stamping onto fabric...very pretty.

Fi
x

Josephine said...

What an original idea! Great work, and lovely too.

JeanFB said...

Wow, I love it! So creative and fun and unique. A beautiful piece.

Lottie said...

Oh my goodness this is just stunning - and looks so prettily vintage what a fantastic idea - love, love, love it

Lynn Stevens said...

Such a darling fabric book!!
hugs Lynn

cg said...

This is incredibly beautiful. I've also always wanted to do this...you've inspired me!

Eiglas said...

....aaaahh! This is wonderful Jack!
I don't kn ow what to say! It's quite mad and so lovely....! Just reminds me of my childhood!
Super project - I love it!
Hugs
Ei
x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful fabric book! Fun creative project!

Judie aka Craftymess said...

this is a stunning piece hun, i love it and want it lol !!!

theres a little something for you on my blog

Hugs
Judie xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

This turned out brilliantly, Jack! When you say you are showing your age, do you mean that it is not long since you were a toddler?

L x

stampdiva said...

Has Shar laid eyes on this Jack? She will flip as this is wonderful.
Great minds and all that because I wanted to make such a book but have no pinking shears. My work in progress continues to be a work in progress as unsure if I like a non-pinking edge!
Wishes
Lynne

melsanford said...

Oh this is just beautiful! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

craftytrog said...

Wowza!! It's gorgeous Jack! xx

trisha too said...

This is adorable! I really like that stamp set, too--it's been tempting me for some time!

:)

Lin said...

Oh Jack another stunner. Again, you have taken the spirit of my challenge idea and really run with it to create this little beauty. Absolutely Fabulous Dahling!

You didn't manage to sneak up on the project I see, LOL.

Lin xx

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Wow, Jack!! You've outdone yourself! Now THIS certainly qualifies for something NEW - certainly for me, anyway!! It turned out beautifully! Thank you so much for the wonderful inspiration - you've rocked The Stampsmith Challenge once again!
Val :)

Shar said...

Completely spectacular, Jack! I completely love it!

Michele said...

very cool. must have been very gratifying to make and complete. xo

hazel said...

It's brilliant Jack, I love it.
xxx Hazel.

gillyflower said...

wow jack such an original idea
i remember cloth books way back when i was little you've made such a wonderful job of this one just brilliant
gill xxx

Karen McAlpine said...

What a sweet project idea. I would like to try some books myself. Thanks for the nudge. Thank you for joining us at the Stampsmith Challenge blog! Have a great day.

Sue said...

This is brilliant, I love it - much more interesting than lining curtains x

2amscrapper said...

what a stellar idea to make a fabric album