Wednesday, 23 March 2011

Blue and Brown Flapper


The Stampsmith have a colour challenge this week and it's one of my favourite colour combinations so how could I resist!  Blue and Brown.  I used one of the delightful ladies from the Flappers #2 Plate and cut her with my Nestabilities adding a scalloped matt in pale blue.  The gorgeous papers are from a 12x12 pad I have had for ages (K&Co Scrap Pad to Go), then I added a strip of fabulous fabric, made a lace rosette (with an SU sentiment) and added a bow tied with my Bow Maker.  I followed the sketch from Mojo Monday for this card.  I must get my camera instruction book out and see where I'm going wrong with my photos.  I have this little camera-ish icon that I don't remember seeing before and if I can get rid of it maybe my photos will improve.
I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
The Stampsmith - Blue and Brown and at least one Stampsmith stamp
Mojo Monday - Sketch

17 comments:

jackid said...

Jack I love this card very vintage and colours go so well together your lady looks delightful too
Jacki xx

Lin said...

Jack and Jacki, get to bed!

LOL Sorry couldn't resist when I saw the time you posted this Jack, although it's even later now.

Love this soft and feminine card. That strip of fabric is gorgeous and totally finishes it off. Makes you want to raid the charity shops and canibalise old clothes, curtains, just anything with pretty fabric in it!

Lin xx

Gerri Herbst said...

So very pretty and the shade of brown and blue were perfect! just love it! gerri

Beverly Gotthardt said...

I see I've been missing some very wonderful creations. Love this vintage image.

Sharon said...

Great card - love the colour theme!

Jingle said...

This is fabulous!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the color combo and the sweet girl stamp- great card!

Lynn Stevens said...

its Beautiful!!!

trisha too said...

VERY pretty--love that image, too!

:)

melsanford said...

Gorgeous colour combo. Love the layout :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

PetraB said...

Fabulous card with a wonderful colour combination, love it.

Terry said...

Love your use of brown and blue! Beautiful vintage creation!

Sue said...

This is so pretty, and I love your fabric x

stampdiva said...

Jack, I see you had to buy one of the Flapper sheets from The SS. I love their Flappers. So happy you have joined in the challenge again, you have been so loyal and you never know, your name may just randomly be selected once again.
Wishes
Lynne

Sylvia x said...

Thank you for joining us at creative craft challenges...beautiful card...love the vintage look!!

Sylvia x

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Loving this, Jack! The flappers are some of my absolute fav's!! Beautiful!
Val :)

Julie Forest said...

Beautiful card, Jack!! {the flappers stamps are some of my favorites!} Love the patterned paper and lace you've added! Gorgeous! :)