Friday, 11 February 2011

Two Stamps

I am a big fan of One-Layer Wednesday and this week the challenge is to use two (and ONLY two) image stamps.  Just two.  No sentiment.  But you may use each stamp more than once.  You may also use heat embossing and/or markers to colour your images but absolutely NOTHING ELSE!  Jennifer (whose turn it is to run the challenge this week) is very strict and says no bling, no ribbon, no hippopotamuses.  Well I stuck strictly to the rules and used a Rhinoceros instead, lol.  First I cut a circular mask for my square card blank and then stamped my Rhino (English Stamp Company) in the middle(ish).  I made a mask of the Rhino then I followed Ann Craig's fab tutorial to make the background.  She uses torn paper to make a mask for the sky and land and sponges ink along the edges.  I added a line of felt pen to define the horizon then stamped the tree branch (Stampscapes The Light and the Sea set) twice.  Then I removed all the masks and this is what I was left with.
I am only entering this into the One Layer Wednesday Challenge.

18 comments:

cockney blonde said...

Very effective Jack. I've got on a roll of making flowery embellished cards and maybe need to try going back to basics again, x

Jennifer said...

You are taunting me with that rhino. Heh. Too funny!

This is an absolutely awesome card, I am in awe of your masking!

Fab job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW40!

Debgem said...

Absolutely brilliant!!! So you went with the Rhino instead of a hippo. This made me laugh out loud!!

stempelomi said...

great work! I love it!


greetings,Beate

Angelnorth said...

Great moody look to the sky - fab rhino! Great take on the OLW challenge, love it!

Susan said...

WOW! What a fabulous card! LOVE your masking...and .....maybe....just maybe...that rhino is a hippo in disguise?!? LOL!

JeanFB said...

Wow, beautifully done! You'd never know you were under such restrictions, LOL!

Lucy Edmondson said...

Brilliant job! What a strict challenge, though!

Lucy x

Netty said...

Oh wow its brilliant Jack. Annette

Lynn Stevens said...

gotta Love that Rhino!

PetraB said...

A fabulous card, the background is awesome.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- what a great challenge card- love the image and the color you used- great visual effect with the circle.

Martha said...

What a fabulous card! I love seeing the one layer cards but would never had thought to create anything like this. Bravo!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Killer job with just 2 images!! Ha! I love that you used a rhino too!! hee hee

Michele said...

i love simplicity adn i love this wonderful card!

Jingle said...

This is very pretty!

stampdiva said...

Jack, boy did you excel at this challenge. Lynne x

Carol said...

Fabulous card! I could see a set of these made..each in a different color, ala Andy Warhol!