Sunday, 13 February 2011

Oriental Tree

I'm really enjoying the challenges over on the Less is More Challenge Blog.  But I have to admit I had the same problems as last week - a sleepless night!  I kept getting all these ideas and then getting up and popping into  my Craft room to check out the stamp I was thinking about, lol.  Of course this meant that I overslept this morning so all the things I had planned went out the window so I could make my card!  Fortunately this time everything went to plan and so here it is:
After rejecting most of the stamps I had put on my desk during the night I chose a clear set from Cards Unlimited called Trendy Oriental and stamped it to the side of my lovely pink card blank in Stampin' Up Old Olive.  I have never used a coloured blank for a One Layer card but I found this in my stash and it inspired me.  Next I added the flowers using Brilliance Moonlight White and then embossed them with White EP.  The Brilliance pooled on the clear stamp so I didn't get a clear image but I like the effect.  Next I added the leaves again in Old Olive.  Finally I added the gorgeous sentiment that came from a Stampscape Scenic Sentiments set.
Less Is More - Flower or Tree

19 comments:

Chrissie said...

I'm really sorry that we're the cause of sleepless nights Jack... but you obviously got inspiration from somewhere for this. It's a lovely stamp and the blossoms look great embossed in the way you have done it!I
'm glad you are enjoying the challenges.
It's great to have a convert to the Clean and Simple genre.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

craftattack said...

This a beautiful!

Caroline Hallett said...

this is a lovely card, it has a very japanesey feel to it

Sue said...

absolutely beautiful, i love it:)

sue
xx

cockney blonde said...

WOW! Love it. Worth a sleepless night, lol, x

Lynne in NI said...

oh wow! What a gorgeous card ... your stamp is fab and the blossoms really pop against the pink!

Gibmiss said...

Hi
GREAT CARD ...LOVE THE IMAGE
HUGS
SYLVIE
XXX

Susan said...

Gorgeous stamp and beautiful card! Thanks for sharing!

Terry said...

Funny how we have all these plans and then the day is gone! Well I just love your card and the blossom image is gorgeous! Have a great evening!

Mandi said...

Oh dear sorry about the sleepless night!
you've done a super card, I love the tree, it's great with the added blossom
Thanks for participating in our second challenge, hope you will continue to do so its so appreciated
mandi
"Less is More"

Stamps and Paper said...

A really lovely card

Anne

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

Very artistic. Hope you catch up on your sleep now!
Hugs, Sandra

Jan said...

Love this xx Jan

Lin said...

Oh Jack this was so worth a sleepless night. It is so simple and yet so elegant. I think there is a real art in making so little look so effective, and it's clearly one that you have mastered.

Lin xx

melsanford said...

Beautiful card - fab sentiment! Absolutely stunning :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Katalytic said...

I love the image on the pink card, it's stunning

Debgem said...

Wonderful sentiment, and the tree is amazing!

Netty said...

Fabulous card, so love it. Annette

Margaret de Witt said...

Very nice card Jack. The embossed flowers really make the card pop :)