Thursday, 10 February 2011

Loving Less is More

I came across a new blog when I was hopping about called Less Is More.   Their aim is to encourage Clean and Simple cards.  They have weekly themes and prizes monthly.  So for their first challenge I made this card
The theme for this week is Pink, Black and White.  Simple I thought, I can have my card done in minutes.  Well it kept me awake all night as I kept coming up with different ideas.  Then after I had got back from shopping I started on my card.  First I tried it out on scrap paper, which was a good idea because it took me half an hour to find the right flower, then stamped it up.  I stamped a DoCrafts Happy Birthday stamp with lots of HBs on and stamped it twice across the bottom third of the card, using Versafine Onxy Black.  I added a Penny Black HB to fill in a gap at the bottom. Then I added the little flower (also from Penny Black) in Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid.  Lastly I added a little pink bling gem.  The actual stamping of the card only took 10 minutes.  Then I decided I would scan the card.  I tried all sorts of settings.  The preview each time was great but the actual scan was useless as the pink flower turned grey.  Not being of a technical mind I have no idea why so after about an hour I gave up and photographed the card.  I assume it had something to do with the fact that the little tiny itsy bitsy bling kept the card off of the scanner screen but why it was perfectly alright in the preview I have absolutely no bloomin' idea!
So I am entering this in the following challenges:
Less is More - Pink, Black and white
Craft Your Passion - Anything goes
Pear Tree Designs - Free for all

9 comments:

Chrissie said...

Jack, this is fab... definitely worth all that thinking!!!!!!
I'd never thought to use that stamp to make a border... brilliant idea...I think I have it somewhere... must try it sometime!
It's a great card and I really hope you'll be back next week!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Karla said...

Such a simple card but it looks very classy and expensive. Good luck at PTD this week x

Debgem said...

Simple, clean and very sweet. I do like that little flower and gem - just the right amount of bling!

Shar said...

Stunning card, Jack!

Mandi said...

Oh dear aLL night lol Keep those other ideas for the forthcoming weeks!

Super card
Thank you for joining us for our first challenge Hope to see you again next week
mandi
"Less is More"

Jose said...

Lovely card Jack - and perfect for the Less is More challenge.

Michele said...

a very sweet card Jack. xo

LouDotMac said...

Such a CAS card - and it works so well. So clean and effective. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs in our 'Free For All' challenge - good luck.

Lou Mac. xo

Sammibug said...

Nice clean and simple card. Thank you for joining in our "anything goes" challenge at Craft Your Passion.