Sunday, 27 February 2011

Love Hanging

I decided to make a little simple inchie hanging, you know, just three little inchies hung from jump rings, nice and simple.  Well somehow I got a bit carried away and this is what I ended up with.  First I inked up the lovely little Anita heart with Brilliance Rocket Red, clear embossed it and cut it out with my Woodware 1" punch.  Next came those lucious lips (again Anita's).  Then, of course, I decided that 3 wasn't enough so I played around until I came up with the little punched hearts (Woodware punch) using a tiny word from a Penny Black set and a cute heart border stamp from DoCrafts, this time using not just Rocket Red but also Pearlescent Orchid.  After playing around a bit more I decided to do lots of layers and then finally mounted all the squares onto a deep red piece of mountboard.  Now how to hang my hanging?  I found some great ribbon in my stash and after adding eyelets top and bottom tied the ribbon with simple knots both to hang the hanging and as embellishments at the bottom.
 











Here are a couple of close-ups of the hanging.
I am going to enter this into the following challenges:
The Artistic Stamper - Love is in the Air
Ooh La La Creations - Pink, pink and more pink


6 comments:

melsanford said...

Oh this is absolutely beautiful! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Carole of Brum said...

Fantastic wall hanging, I really like it. I've never done anything like this before, that's what I love about blogging - lots of new ideas. CoB

Khristen said...

Oh, that is so nice! I have GOT to make one for my own walls now! TFS, love what you did with the ribbon on the bottom :)

SusieLou said...

Looks fab! Susie x

cockney blonde said...

WOW! Love it Jack. What a fab idea on displaying those little pieces of artwork, x

Wendi said...

Oh wow it's beautiful and so different makes a lovely change to a card
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi