Friday, 11 February 2011

Lilac and Lemon


I decided to have a play with a Sweet Pea stamp that I haven't used before (not that I've got many of those, hmmmm!!!!).  She's by Ching-chou Kuik and is called Blue Rose Tatoo.  I stamped her onto watercolour paper with Jet Black Archival ink and watercoloured her using Whispers pens scribbled onto an old tile and picked up with a damp paintbrush.  When she was dry I added a little bit of Sakura Stardust to her earring and roses but the photo doesn't really show it.  I love using sketches and for this I used the sketch from A Gem of a Challenge.  I cut and matted the image using Nestabilities Labels One.  The DP is from K&Co Tim Coffey Daffodil Pad and PaperMania Amethyst Infustion Pad.  I also used my Nesties (Circles) to cut the circle behind the image and ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Script folder.  The sentiment was from a stamp that has no name (I got a few of them from a closing craft shop) and just inked up the word Dream.  I stamped it onto the DP paper and cut and matted it with Classic Ovals Nesties.  To finish off I added some Debbi Moore pearls.
I am entering this card to the following challenges:
In a Sweet Pea Dream - Anything this time
Charisma Cardz Challenge - Mythical/Fantasy (Mermaid)
Little Claire's Designs - Anything Goes

12 comments:

Terry said...

She is very pretty and I love the yellow roses! Our Dalmatian is also a rescue, who was not treated very well, but is spoiled rotten now! Enjoy your little one!

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Jack, this is very pretty. Love your fab colouring.

Donna x

Sandra said...

Beautiful card,love the image you have used and a great take on the sketch...thanks for joining us this week at A Gem Of A Challenge.

Take care
San x

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Jack, such a pretty image and great colours :o) Lisa x

PS. thanks for joining us at Little Claire's!

Mandy said...

Beautiful card...Love the image and papers...Great take on my sketch...Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge..
Mandy x

Georgina said...

A lovely card. Great colour combinations and layout.

Thank you for joining us at Little Claire's first challenge

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Fabulous card, great image and papers. Thanks for joining in our first challenge over at Little Claires, hugs Heidi x

Jennifer said...

Stunning card! Thanks for joining us at A Gem Of A Challenge! xx Jenny xx

KymKreates said...

What a beautiful creation!

Thanks for joining us this time with the anything goes challenge. Hope to see more of your artwork in the future!

KymKreates
Sweet Pea DT

Karina said...

You've created a wonderful card, Jack. Thank you for joining us at 'in a sweetpea dream' this time.
Hugs, Karina
DT Sweet Pea Stamps

clare brown said...

gorgeous card hun and fab colouring too. Goodluck at charisma and hope you can join us next time too.

clare x

Leah the Orange said...

she's lovely! absolutely loving the purple and yellow combo and soft pastels. fabby little creation - so glad you've shared this with the Charisma Gals this week! :D