Monday, 14 February 2011

Her Majesty


Today I'm playing at 'Last Minute Miss' as I wanted to enter The Stampsmith Challenge and today is the last day!  My starting point was the sketch from Sweet Stop Sketches and a shiny, cream, square card blank.   I added some lovely paper from K&Co Classic K Baily pad.  The cream background rectangle has been run through the cuttlebug using the D'vine swirls folder and then I swooshed some Stampin' Up Baja Breeze over the top, and cut the bottom of the brown mat with deckle-edged scissors. The main image is from PaperArtsy Wings Plate 3 stamped in Memories Sand and the sentiment is from Studio G Clear stamps.  The flowers, fibre and buttons are from my stash.  Over at Gingersnap Creations there is a Kings and Queens challenge that my card fits too.
So, I'm entering my card into the following:
The Stampsmith - Royalty
Gingersnap Creations - Kings and Queens

16 comments:

Jingle said...

Nice job!

craftytrog said...

Brilliant card Jack, love the colour scheme & the inked edge on the flowers! xx

Shar said...

She looks very cool, Jack! Well done!

JeanFB said...

Oooh, love it! Wonderful subtle color combo, beautiful vintage look. :)

Lynn Stevens said...

great design and color combination!

melsanford said...

Fab card - love the colours and the embossing :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Beverly Gotthardt said...

Great card Jack, and great to see a guy jumping in.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love her Jack! I love the flower and button embellishments and love the color and layout of your card.

Netty said...

Terrific colour combo and love your queen stamp, some great touches here. Thank you for playing Kings and Queens at Gingersnaps. Annette x

Karen McAlpine said...

Very Regal! Love the touch of dry embossing distressed with ink. Thank you for joining us at the Stampsmith Challenge blog! Have a great day.

Julie Mutch said...

Jack, This is great. Thanks so much for joining us for our 'Royalty' challenge over at The Stampsmith Challenge. Best of luck in the draw! :)

Shelley said...

Fantastic card! That Queen Bee is sure to be a winner!

stampdiva said...

Jack this is such a different stamp to your usual but you have created something so fun.
I am also taking part in GSC Kings and Queens (made it two weekends past - yep, you are right still not on my Blog)
Do you know it is Travel (set by me) at TSSC. Have I got you interested?
Lynne x

trisha too said...

NICE--those stamps are FUN!
You made a great card!

:)

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is fantastic! So original! You have such a range to your style!

Lucy x

Terry said...

Fabulous design and I love that you framed the image! The buttons are a great touch!