Tuesday, 18 January 2011

A Simply Elegant Birthday

I started with a square card blank then got out my Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen stamp set Retro Rose.  I bought this set by mistake (I really wanted the Venaissance set which I've since got but clicked on the wrong box!!!).  I have to admit, I have used this set so often I'm really glad I got it.  I stamped the open lily first in Colorbox Pigment Robin's Egg across the middle and then above and below in Colorbox Chalk Ink Bisque.  Then I added the birthday sentiment (no make on this stamp) and a couple of little Paper Mania pearls.  I a entering this card in the following challenges:
The Play Date Cafe - colour challenge
Let's Ink It Up - Anything Goes
Allsorts - Teal Blue and Brown
Prairie Fairy Fun Fridays - Happy Birthday

17 comments:

stampdiva said...

They are both great sets, I use them quite often. It really is elegant this card. Lynne x

SuzanneK said...

Love the simplicity of design, great stamping. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, Suzanne x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love those flowers dancing across the card! So glad you played with us at THe Play Date Cafe this week; hope to see you again soon!

Shelley said...

What a great mistake, lol! Love the card.

craftattack said...

Lovely card, the rose stamp was a very good mistake!

Fiona said...

This is a very pretty card Jack :) Thanks for joining us over at the Play Date Cafe this week.

Michele Gross said...

Such a lovely image and I love the CAS design you've used. The sentiment goes wonderfully with the style :) Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a great, one-layer card! Thanks so much for playing with us in the Cafe!

Claire said...

Beautiful card, love the fresh colours! Thanks for joining us at LIIU
Claire xx

Jaclyn Miller said...

Great CAS card! Like the addition of the brads. Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE this birthday card--LOVE those flowers and simple look! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:}

Gemma said...

a gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining in our Blue challenge this week over at I Did it Creations! Gemma :)

craftytrog said...

A beautiful card Jack! Lovely colours! x

Kirsten...x said...

Fabulous card love that stamp...x
Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten..x

Jeanette said...

Simple but elegant. I love it. I'm a big fan of Laurence Llewelyn Bowen from tv. I'll have to check out his line of stamps. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Padster said...

Beautiful card - thanks for joining us at IDIC this week
Hugs,
Debbie x

scotspanda said...

what a lovely card, the image is gorgeous, definetely a happy mistake

thanks for joining in with our colour challenge this week

hugs

Amanda xx