Saturday, 22 January 2011

Monochrome Birdie

The other day I made some papers using my Starburst Stains and thought I'd have a play with them.  This one is made with Magnolia Magenta Gold and a bit of Gold Glimmer Mist.  The paper is really sparkly and shiny but I'm sorry the photo doesn't quite show this.  I stamped this little birdie from Crafty Individuals (CI-180) in Jet Black Archival Ink then matted and layered it with pink and black card.  My DP is from American Traditional Designs - the Brights stack.
I am entering this into the following challenges:
Crafts and Me - Monochrome
Do You Stack Up? - Pink

13 comments:

Miranda said...

great card Jack, I love monochrome cards and I love birds too
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week

hugs
Miranda

*Alison* said...

WOW!! Jack this ROCKS! Great creation.. Way to "Stack Up" and bring out the PINK in your creation.. Thanks for playing with us at www.doyoustackup.blogspot.com can't wait to see what you create next week..
HUGS
Alison
DYSU-Owner

Denise and Louise said...

Great card - love that you made your own paper. Thanks for joining us at DYSU - Denise

craftattack said...

What a sweet birdie! Beautiful card!

WencheP said...

This is wonderful. I love the bird. Thanks for joining us at Do You stack Up.

-Wenche

Janna said...

hi jack! thanks so much for sharing this lovely card with us at DYSU! janna

Shelley said...

That paper is fabulous, you made that!?! I am impressed.

cockney blonde said...

Monochrome can be so difficult to do but you've managed it perfectly, x

Terry said...

I love your birdie card! Amazing work with papers!

Michele said...

perfect Jack, totally pleasing to the eye! xo

hazel said...

Lovely card Jack, great image and background.
xxx Hazel

princesskitten said...

oooh yes - yummie

kitten - DYSU team

stampdiva said...

Great background and perfect for that stamp. Lynne x