Monday, 24 January 2011

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 38 - Floral


 











It was my turn to choose the theme for this week's challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers so I choose a nice easy one - floral.  It was an easy choice for me as for a long time I have been a big fan of Joanne's blog Mainly Flowers.  She has some fabulous tutorials on her site and I used a couple of them for this card.  We are sponsored this week by the wonderful Joanna Sheen who is offering a £10 voucher to spend at her online store.

The large flower is made with copy paper I painted with Magnolia Mageta Gold Starburst Stains and Gold Glimmer Mist.  I cut out 4 circles using Nestabilities Scalloped Circles, scrunched them up and opened them out, added the yellow centre (Doodlebug bumble bee crushed velvet paper cut with a Woodware Blink Blink punch) and all held together with a jewelled brad.

For the Daisies I punched out 2 flowers (Woodware Daisy punch), edged the petals with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink and added a centre with the Bumble Bee crushed velvet paper.

The spray of flowers was made by adding small flowers (Woodware Multi Sun Flower punch) punched from the Starburst Stains paper with Liquid Pearls dots of white in the centre.  These were stuck onto a branch cut with QuickKutz vines (I added a bit of sponged Worn Lipstick to the vine).

I used L-Em Rock Fern punch for the large green leaves and McGill Pine punch for the small dark green leaves.

The sentiment is one of my favourites from Paper Make Up Stamps.

I cut a piece of light green background card to arrange my flowers on and corne unched it with an old fleur de lys punch that belonged to my Mum.  This was matted onto some pink card and then onto some patterned paper from American Traditional Designs - Pastel stack, and then onto a white card blank.

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:
One Stitch at a Time - As You Like It
Wild Orchid - Lets get Sentimental

26 comments:

Terry said...

Wowie! What a beautiful card! Love your garden card!

Josephine said...

That's a gorgeous card! I love the floral arrangement.

Shelley said...

Wow, this is beautiful. Makes me wish for spring. Thanks for the info on makinf the flowers.

Liz said...

Stands out a mile beautiful work thanks for joining our theme
Liz

OSAAT CHALLENGES

Marjo said...

Hi Jack,

Awesome creation! Love the sentiment, wonderful design.

Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card with us at OSAAT.

Hugs, Marjo

Bianca said...

So very lovely! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

craftattack said...

This is soooooooooooooo pretty, love it!

Donna Mosley said...

Wonderful card Jack, very pretty colours and love love love all the amazing flowers you've created.

Donna x

Love crafts forever said...

I am totally with Liz on this one. just have to stop and look on this gorgeous card. Thanks for playing at OSAAT.
Hugs Nataliya

gillyflower said...

wow love this card stunning must have taken you ages to make but worth it
gill x

cockney blonde said...

Love the card Jack. Spotted it on the challenge site so hopped on over here to have a closer look. The flowers look amazing, x

cebelica said...

Beautiful card. Those flowers you made are really pretty. well done!

Wishcraft said...

This is beautiful Jack, just gorgeous :o) Lisa x

stampdiva said...

So much work but worth it for the end result. elegant. Lynne x

Eiglas said...

Beautiful, elegant card Jack!
Your flowers are really pretty - must have a go myself!
Hugs
Ei
x

karlinchen50 said...

Hello a very beautiful card and a great design.

Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge
Hugs Karla

Tanya R said...

These are really pretty.
Hugs
Tanya

Dora said...

This is stunning, so elegant and really pretty. It had immediately caught my eye when I saw it on the challenge blog. Fantastic xxx

Debgem said...

This is an amazing card - so very pretty!

Thanks so much for your comment on my cards - I enjoyed this challenge!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Wow, amazing flowers and color theory! Your photos are just perfect also, I am impressed.

Val said...

This is just fabulous.
Hugs
Valxx

Padster said...

Fabulous creation - thanks for sharing it with us at OSAAT this week
Hugs,
Debbie xx

Vixykins said...

Absolutely stunning piece of work Jack, so beautifully made x

Lin said...

Completely gorgeous Jack. Love the arrangement and thos leaves are great. Don't think I have seen one as interesting as the Leonie Em one.

Lin xx

dj1952 said...

Wow, fabulous card. I looks like real flowers. I love the liquid pearls in the center of the little flowers. They are all beautiful. I'll check out Joanne's blog also. Hugs, dj1952

Naturally Me Creations said...

This is a lovely card and beautiful flowers! :)