Tuesday, 30 November 2010

Crafty Cardmakers White & Splash

Over at Crafty Cardmakers this week the theme is White & and Splash - one of my favourites.  And this week we are sponsored by the very generous Joanna Sheen who is offering a £10 voucher to her excellent online store.
My card is inspired by a blog called Simplicity (and the fact that I haven't started my Christmas cards yet!!!), so I went with a Clean and Simple style.  I started with a the Three Kings stamp set from Elusive Images and stamped the shadow kings onto white card using Brilliance Pearlescent Purple.  This was then matted and layered onto two shades of purple card (I tried just using the lighter shade but the image lacked definition so added the second, darker shade and voila!!) and placed it to one side of my nice white card blank.  Then I positioned both the wording and star stamps onto an acrylic block and stamped them directly onto my card blank in the Brilliance ink and finished the card off with a little bit of bling in the centre of the star.  I think I may make some more like this but using other colours - maybe even pink!!!

11 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

Thanks for the nod, Jack! Your card is lovely...the purple is such a perfect color for a card with the wise men, and your touch of bling is spot on!

Terry said...

I love the touch of color in your card and the little gem really sets off the star! Beautiful! I need to start my Christmas cards!

Cor* said...

Very elegant!

Michele said...

very lovely Jack. i look forward to seeing more such delights! xo

Dana C (KyStamper) said...

Lovely, Jack.

stampdiva said...

Hiya Jack. The use of minimal colour makes such impact on this card. It is elegant with the touch of "bling". So good to see you back crafting again, missed you my friend. Lynne x (more snow fall during the night, it is really bad here :(

Made by Mandy said...

Great CAS card and love the lilac colouring.

Good luck with ploughing through your christmas cards, I'm trying to do the same here :)

Lots of love

Mandy xxx

Josephine said...

This is lovely, Jak. The limited colour range gives it a real elegance.

Shar said...

Beautiful! Love the violet!

craftytrog said...

This is such a wonderfully balanced card Jack! Love the simplicity of it!
Your comment on my blog made me laugh! You are awful, but I like you!! Look after that bow finger, & have a great christmas yourself! x

Naturally Me Creations said...

Very nice! I love the colours too. And the simplicity! :)