Thursday, 14 October 2010

Purple Postcards

 
 

I have had great fun making postcards for a Purple Postcard swap.  The Paris postcard uses stamps from Paper Artsy (Monmatre), Elusive Images (the arch from the Eiffel Tower) and Creative Expressions (French Script).  The Venice postcard uses stamps from Paper Artsy (main image) and Elusve Images (Pierrot).  I found it hard to start with being restricted to just one colour but once I got into it I really enjoyed making these.
This is the back of one of the postcards (the India postcard - there were 4 in all).

Editors Note:  My sister (who's son has just gone up to Oxford) has pointed out that my lovely Venice postcard is not in fact a stamp of Venice at all but of Hertford Bridge, Oxford!  Oh well, you live and learn, lol.  She said the clue was in the lorry at the back of the bridge which would have been in the canal!

5 comments:

Josephine said...

Oh, I think I'd have found that hard too. I like my colours too much! Having said that, these are lovely. The single colour gives added elegance somehow. Absolutely gorgeous!

hazel said...

Love your purple postcards Jack. You've reminded me that I'd better get mine done.
xxx Hazel.

stampdiva said...

Oh I was off on a daydream there looking at your postcards. Beautiful. Lynne x

The Crafty Chick said...

oh they are fab!! Thanks for sharing, and yes Oxford! From an image taken by the designer of that stamp, Julie Harrington, from Australia.
Thanks for sharing!

Leandra (PaperArtsy)

Lucy Edmondson said...

These were even more gorgeous in the flesh!

Lucy x