Thursday, 14 October 2010

Lucid Dreams

Today I decided to have a play with a stamp I got ages ago and have never used.  It's from OnyxXpressions (Lucid Dreams Ink).  It's quite a large stamp and I had some trouble getting a good impression.  After several tries I realised that the problem was me - I was putting too much pressure on the stamp and squidging it (technical term, lol).  So I inked it up once more with Versafine Onyx Black and tried again, this time just using an even, light pressure and voila! 
Edited addition (15.10)
Looking at this pic it's not as good as it could be.  Honestly, the original stamped image looks better than this.  This looks like a photo you take of the TV, all lines, and the image wasn't like that.  Must improve my photography skills.

11 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

I have that stamp, too, Jack (used to sell 'em cos Kristy was pressing 'em) and I've always struggled, too. You've done a great job of this and it looks great.

Wishcraft said...

Great card Jack - you've got more patience than me, I tend to give away stamps that I can't use easily, they annoy me! Lisa x

2amscrapper said...

so that's the trick to a good stamped image!!!! This is a beautiful card.

hazel said...

Beautiful Jack. I love the image.
xxx Hazel.

Dana C (KyStamper) said...

Lovely card, Jack.

Lin said...

Is this lady nekkie? I can't quite make up my mind. Looks fantastic in this monochrome look though.

Lin xx

stampdiva said...

Large stamps can be tricky but you certainly managed. Did you use a brayer, I find it to be an essential tool. Lynne x

Dawn said...

Large stamps I love them, (when they work lol) like Lynne I use a brayer to get even preshure on the back and 99% fine. She looks wonderful and I love the privious posts as well very nice

love Dawn xx

Jack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jack said...

Thanks girls, never thought about using a brayer, duh!
(earlier comment edited because of too many spelling mistakes, lol)

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous! Love that stamp Jack! x