Saturday, 30 October 2010

Love from Audrey

I have just bought this fabulous Stampsmith stamp (Audrey Hepburn) from Crafts and Me and couldn't wait to play with her.  I stamped her on glossy card with Onyx Black Versafine and mounted her on some lovely red card.  The bg is black card which has been run through my Cuttlebug using the Textile folder, red ribbon round it and then again mounted onto red card.  I have had this gorgeous Anitas Lips stamp for ages and knew it was time to get it out to finish off my card.  It's stamped with StazOn Black Cherry and cut and matted using good old Circle Nestabilities.
I have made this card for the fabulous Stampsmith Challenge Blog - they run two challenges a month.  On the 1st of the month you can use any stamps you like and on the 15th of the month you have to use Stampsmith stamps (so gorgeous!!!) and each time have a chance of winning some of their lovely stamps.  This time the challenge is to use black and white and one other colour (and this time at least one Stampsmith stamp)

Edited note:  Thanks to a head's up from Valerie H Wilson (from The Stampsmith) I checked my image only to find that after several hours the Versafine was not dry (and of course after checking needed touching up with a cotton bud).  Hopefully it will dry in a day or two, lol.

18 comments:

Valerie H. Wilson said...

Jack, this is lovely! Your Cuttlebug background is wonderful and the hit of color really makes it pop!

I read that you used VersaFine on glossy to get the image... how did you make out with it? I've had a heck of a time using VersaFine on glossy and coated cardstocks - it doesn't dry well for me. I've switched to Ancient Page inks to get detail on coated papers and I'm having better luck with that - although a new pad is WAAAAYYYY to juicy at first! LOL!

Thank you so much for joining The Stampsmith challenge this week! Good luck in the draw tomorrow!

Kind regards,
Val :)

Terry said...

Your card has such a sophisticated feel! I love the elegance you have achieved with the lovely Audrey!

Karen McAlpine said...

Love this Audrey image. You have made Audrey so elegant on your black and red card. Thank you for joining us at the Stampsmith Challenge blog. Monday we will post the next challenge. I hope you will join us again. Have a great day!

stampdiva said...

I'm back again as had problems with comment. Anyway Versafine try heating for a second or too. I was recommended this ink from Graphicus when I bought a Stampsmith stamp from them but I would say it was a bad recommendation. Great card, sophisticated and elegant. Thanks for making the effort to join in once again. Good luck with the prize draw :) Thanks for the plus for the challenge blog, you are a good one Jack. Will reply to your e-mail soon, not having a terribly good day. Have a lovely outing with Lucy. Lynne x

Michele said...

simple and gorgeous!

hazel said...

Lovely card Jack, very elegant.
xxx Hazel.

2amscrapper said...

I want this stamp! You did an outstanding job showing it off! Helene aka 2amscrapper

Chris said...

Fabulous card, Jack. Very elegant and stylish. Love the addition of the lips. Nice touch. :o)

Chris x

Julie Mutch said...

A gorgeous Audrey card! Thanks for joining us again at The Stampsmith Challenge! :) Julie

joanne wardle said...

so elegant! great card

Maria Ontiveros said...

Coming over th the Gingetstamp creations blog. Love your card and photo stamps. You have such a lovely clear image! Sorry to hear that you have the same problem I have (getting things to dry). Will definintly check out the stampsmith challenge blog. I love their stamps.
Rinda

Lynn Stevens said...

Shes so stylin in the B&W and touch of red!
nicely done.

1CardCreator said...

Great card, great stamp! ~Diane

Shelley said...

This one is stunning! You should come out on top with it in the challenge. JMHO, of course, lol.

My crafty dog and I said...

Great stamp, so elegant. Sam x

Krisha said...

Great card Jack. Love the new stamp!

Lin said...

Jack this is gorgeous. I love the black and white with just a hint of red. Oh to have the elegance of Audrey Hepburn, a real beauty.

Lin xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

Perfect card! Wonderful addition of the lips!

Lucy x