Monday, 4 October 2010

LM's secret is revealed!

My friend Lynne leads a secret life and I decided it was time the whole world knew about it. I thought the best way to reveal all was to publish, lol. (Warning - LOADS of pictures!)






































I started with a board book (poor old Woolly) and cut off the spine. I cut out two windows, then I covered each page with gesso, then cream acrylic paint then pink acrylic paint. I stamped loads of images (Clear Choice 22 Travel France Stamps, LLB Retro Rose, Darkroom Door Monmatre) in Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I put my images behind the windows and stuck two pages together to seal the images in. Then I added a few adornments - the fan is actually a MIC corset that has also been altered, lol, the little envelope has been in my stash for ages and has a piece of cream card that has been stamped with Creative Expressions French Script Inside and the pearl necklace I made. The story was printed in blue onto cream card, cut with Nestabilities Labels Ten and edge with Old Paper Distress Ink. The book was bound with my much under-used Bind-It-All.
I am entering this into The Stampman Altered Challenge

23 comments:

stampdiva said...

LOVE THIS!!!!! If you ever wish to re-home this then I have the perfect spot (in my boudair of course LOL). This is absolutely divine and you have made my day. You are inspired my friend. Lynne xx (yes, I am "that" Lynne!!)

Sheila said...

Divine! What more can I say! Sheila:)X

Melly said...

OMG this is just fab!
Its fantastic honey. no poor wooly at all! I love the vintage pics with the gorjuss peach/pink so girly!
i so gotta try something like this hee
Hugs melly xxx

Cath Wilson said...

OMG am laughing my socks off at this. Poor little Lynne M - she'll love it, though. If it wasn't so funny, I'd be telling you off, Jack, lol.

Chris said...

Priceless, Jack!

Lin said...

OMG Jack this is amazing. However, I think these are actually self portraits. You naughty little minx you! I bet your sleepy little village has no idea how risque one of it's occupants is!!!

Seriously Jack. What a fantastic use for an old book. BRILLIANT!!

Lin xxx

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is brilliant, Jack! It is Lynne to a T! I think she has been re-born but was originally a debutante of the 1920s. Always suspected it, lol!

Lucy x

Shar said...

Stunning book! Beautifully done!

Kay Carley said...

This is fab Jack! Thanks so much for participating in The Stamp Man's Altered Challenge :)

Suzie said...

What a wonderful book, love it! What a great tribute to Lynne it speaks volumes. Thanks for sharing your talents.

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wonderful! Kim

Debbie K. said...

Oh my gosh, Jack. This is a beautiful book you created. That Lynne must have lived a pretty wild life style, huh?!? LOL!!! Tooooo funny....

Netty said...

Great fun, you have done Lynne proud.

Jingle said...

This is so awesome and so well done!!!!

PetraB said...

This is absolutely brilliant and amazing!!! And such fun. I bet Lynne loves it.

Terry said...

Absolutely stunning and so much fun! Beautiful job!!

Lynn Stevens said...

What fun, Perfect secret life of Lynne!

2amscrapper said...

Lovely!

Michele said...

perfection Jack. well done. xo

Sarah said...

Fabulous, board book added to my list of things to raid from kids toybox!

Ali Manning said...

This is beautiful - thanks for sharing your lovely artwork!

hazel said...

Love it Jack, so much fun.
xxx Hazel.

penny4thoughts said...

I followed the link from Lynne's blog - such a fun book to have created!